Have you ever felt like you’re so heads down with the daily details that you’re not moving forward at all? Hey girl, you’re not alone. It can be seriously hard to see progress when you’re deeply focused on balancing your career, relationships AND health all at once. Since seeing the big picture is key for staying motivated (and breaking out of a work rut), we put together a quick list of Qs to help you get to know yourself even better and mark the major strides you’re making. Ready to rock? Pull out your fave pretty notebook and take a crack at it!
1. What are my strengths? Knowing what you’re good at can help boost confidence and give you direction when it comes to work. On the flip side, understanding what doesn’t fall into your strengths gives you a list of areas to improve.
2. What are my short-term and long-term goals? Setting goals is a legit tactic for achieving the things you dream of. Whether it’s going further on your next run, taking a class or even launching a business, you’ll be well on your way to get there once you define where you’re looking to go.
3. What was my proudest accomplishment in the last three months? Six months? One year? It’s easy to forget about all of the great things you’ve done when you’ve set challenging goals and are driving toward them with passion. Take a moment to reflect on the ones you’ve already met.
4. What matters most to me? Making time for what matters is a sure path to a happier life. Don’t lose sight of your hobbies, creative pursuits, love of long walks or anything else that leaves you feeling fulfilled.
5. What new activities am I interested in or willing to try? You might have a lengthy list or Pinterest board of things you want to do, but are you actually taking action to do them? List a few and set a plan in motion so you can actually experience the things you dream about.
6. If I wasn’t afraid, what would I do? Fears are scary and it’s totally normal to quietly keep them locked up in your mind. Instead, try to put your thoughts on paper to move toward coming to terms with whatever frightens you.
7. What do I do to show myself compassion and take care of myself? Are you sleeping enough? Treating yourself for hard work? Eating healthy? Check in with yourself and adjust as needed to find great balance.
8. How do I know when I’m stressed? Knowing when you’re stressed and what causes it is key for making positive changes that will lighten your emotional load. Try to pinpoint your feelings so you can proactively avoid situations that bring you down.
9. Who or what gives me comfort? Understanding exactly what can bring you mental clarity or a sense of relaxation is a bonafide super power, especially on tough days. Take time to outline a few things that serve as your go-tos so you can indulge when you need to.
10. What am I grateful for? Your wish list may be long, and there could be heaps of things you want or want to do. But stepping back to get perspective and appreciating what you have is sure to leave you feeling fulfilled and thankful. As Oprah beautifully said, “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.”
How often do you check in with yourself? Tell us how you stay happy, healthy and on track @BritandCo!
(Photos via Getty)