Instagram is pretty much *the best* when it comes to stumbling upon shots of food porn that make your mouth water (case in point? #oatporn), wanderlust-worthy travel pics, and home decor snaps that can inspire a total makeover within a minute. But did you know Instagram can be a great source for career inspiration too? It’s true! Following bona fide #girlbosses who share their secrets for getting it all done can help you motivate and inspire you to achieve your career goals. To get you started with a major dose of Insta inspo, we’ve pulled together 10 of our all-time faves.
1. @lennyletter: With smart, interesting content that really makes you think, Lena Dunham’s Lenny Letter doesn’t disappoint — and the Instagram account is no exception. Follow along for #MusicMonday, must-read personal essays, ah-mazing illustrations, and so much more.
2. @emmeliedelacruz: Marketing guru Emmelie De La Cruz regularly posts IG gold, which includes social media tips and tricks, website how-tos, and the best books she’s read recently. As if that’s not enough, her style is something fierce.
3. @laurenelizhook: Lauren Hooker, the genius designer and branding expert behind Elle & Company, will fill your feed with pretty desk shots, pastel color palettes, and links to posts that feature her tried-and-true career advice from years of being a business owner. Follow along if you’re looking to turn your side hustle into a full-time biz.
4. @jaclynrjohnson: Create & Cultivate has become one of the best-known creative conferences in America, and Jaclyn Johnson (who also owns Small Girls PR) has landed a spot on Forbes’ “30 Under 30” list as a result. We can’t get enough of her behind-the-scenes shots and how much she loves her work. Get it, girl!
5. @marieforleo: Marie Forleo’s a speaker, writer, author, and life-changing entrepreneur, with her B-School program helping thousands of people achieve their career dreams. We especially love her videos and inspirational quotes, as they always inspire us to keep on pushing forward.
6. @goalgang: This cool troupe of creative women is all about setting and achieving goals, and they post tons of Insta inspiration to help you crush whatever you’re working on. Give ’em a follow, and get ready to feel extra empowered.
7. @sophiaamoruso: Sophia Amoruso, the original #girlboss, doesn’t disappoint when it comes to inspiring ‘grams and fresh perspectives on life and career. Adopt more of her badass mentality as you get the inside scoop on her everyday adventures and events.
8. @mistyonpointe: If you haven’t hopped on the Misty Copeland admiration train, now’s the time to do it. This strong ballerina is the ultimate role model, breaking barriers as the principal dancer with the American Ballet Company. She’s showing the world that hard work DOES make dreams come true.
9. @alexavontobel: Alexa von Tobel, the CEO of finance site LearnVest (who also happens to be a financial expert and New York Times best-selling author), often uses Instagram to highlight sweet moments with her family, reminding us that a healthy work-life balance is not only possible but totally essential. We *love* seeing smart women rock the media.
10. @gabbybernstein: Gabrielle Bernstein is the awe-inspiring writer behind one of our fave books, “The Universe Has Your Back,” and scrolling through her feed feels like she’s our personal life coach. She advises us to live a healthy and present life and be strong and powerful in everything we do.
Which #girlboss Instagrammers inspire you? Tag us in a comment @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via @emmeliedelacruz)