You’re about to throw (probably more than one) holiday party this season. With Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving and Christmas right around the corner, the best hostesses need to get their party planning started ASAP. We’ve rounded up the top 10 things that every holiday party must have. To help you get your festivities rolling, scroll on for some major holiday party inspo.
1. Glittery + Gilded Decor: Fall is about the dark browns and rich golds. Add a glittery twist and hang this garland as the backdrop of your buffet or anywhere at your party that could use some extra sparkle. (via 6th Street Design School)
2. Warm Drink Bar: It’s cold outside and your guests need a tasty drink to keep them warm. This could be hot cocoa, spiked cider or even mulled wine. (via Unoriginal Mom)
3. Unique Party Favors: Give your loved ones something they can take home and enjoy long after the party is over. A personalized and unique party favor can go a long way. (via Evermine)
4. Colorful Decor + Balloons: This probably seems obvious, but your holiday party must have colorful decorations and festive balloons. Believe it or not, these letter balloons can be found at your local craft store and are usually pretty inexpensive. (via A Beautiful Mess)
5. Festive Bar Cart: You know from past experience that when you’re a guest there’s nothing better than having an unlimited supply of Champagne and liquor on hand. So roll out your bar cart and decorate it with fun accents and tasty liquor for all of your guests to enjoy. (via Glitter Guide)
6. Delicious Dessert Table: One major essential that every holiday party must have is great food, and that includes a decadent dessert table filled with tasty treats. This is one of the first things your guests will notice when they come into your home. Make sure you add cute details to your table that will have your guests’ mouth watering. (via Chicka Big)
7. Upbeat Holiday Playlist: Music is essential to every party, but when you throw a holiday party, you want to make sure you build up your playlist with a ton of upbeat holiday music. Not everyone can hire a professional DJ, but this roundup of seven kickass connection-free music apps will keep your party rocking all night long.
8. XOXOKristen Winter Wonderland Personalized Invitations ($18): Facebook party invites are so last year. Send out festive holiday party invitations to your guests that are so pretty they won’t want to throw them away.
9. Photo Booth + Props: Your partygoers will be posting pics to their social accounts all night. Make sure they have a fun photo booth with props to perfect their selfies. You’ll want to make sure everyone gets in on the action, so leave a sign near your photo booth to let your guests know what they need to do. (via Rima Brindamour Photography)
10. Fun Activities + Games: We all know about the infamous and popular holiday favorite: the donut string eating contest. Add this and other fun activities for adults (and kids) alike to play and have some holiday fun at your party. (via Anthology Destination)
Still looking for inspo or must-haves for your holiday party? Follow us on Pinterest for even more party inspo.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.