We were still reeling from Friday’s amazing lineup of speakers at Re:Make Summit on Day 1 — from Girl Scouts CEO Sylvia Acevedo’s opening talk about creativity to Brené Brown’s inspirational words to Tyra Banks‘ total fierceness. But yesterday’s Re:Make Festival was just as incredible thanks to the *thousands* of you who came out to party with us at Fort Mason in San Francisco. Here are 10 things we loved from Day 2 of Re:Make 2016.
1. The Goods: Over 100 super talented makers — from weavers to jewelry makers to woodworkers — showed off their wares and we shopped our hearts out! Check out a full list of the makers who exhibited at the event on our Festival Makers‘ page.
2. The Classes: This year we partnered with Michael’s to bring attendees three intro DIY classes — watercolor painting, gold leafing and hand lettering. And WOW, what incredible creators you are! Dozens of you took up the challenge and some even showed off your gorgeous creations using our #remake2016 hashtag, like @tigerbomb here.
3. The Bloody Mary Cart: Let’s face it; weekends were made for brunch and brunch *drinks.* So no Saturday morning is complete for some of us unless we have a mimosa or bloody in hand. Thankfully for Re:Make attendees, this cart was making the rounds.
4. The Flower Crowns: Brit + Co staffers spent Friday night prepping the goods for these flower crowns, but we had no idea just how many different imaginatively beautiful crowns would come out of those pieces! The DIY crowns were a huge hit, and were a definite must for that Re:Make selfie.
5. The Photo Booth: Bright lights and a colorful cassette background made for some amazing shots at our photo booth. We loved the shots you all shared via social media, but this one with our Summit co-host Ali Fedotowsky is just pure glam.
6. The Food: If you came to Re:Make to nosh, you weren’t disappointed; there were incredible edibles inside and out this year. From the five food trucks outside (did someone say donut truck?) to the vendors selling goodies inside, the Festival food slayed. Our faves? These tasty cacti macarons from Shades of Sugar Bakeshop were beyond words adorable.
7. The Live Performance by Madilyn Bailey: Madilyn entertained our Summit crowd on Friday, but she put on a full show for our Festival crowd on Saturday, too! Attendees were floored by her phenomenal voice and band. Want to check out more from Madilyn? Join the nearly 3 million people to subscribe to her YouTube channel.
8. The DJs: Beyond the live show from Madilyn Bailey, we had a handful of dazzling DJs keeping the party tunes going all through the day. Some even inspired an impromptu dance party or two!
9. The Braid Bar: The lines for our Braid Bar stayed long all day, because the ladies from Cassandra McClure were braiding up some gorg looks on our attendees. Just peep that pretty fishtail!
10. The Freebies: While we definitely did our fair share of shopping, going home with a few super cool DIY-able giveaways made the day extra sweet. Some of the hottest items include these “Craftiness Is Happiness” totes from the JoAnn Fabrics Craft Bar, t-shirt tassel keychains and glittery felt donuts.
Did you come out to Re:Make Festival this year? Share your pics with the hashtag #remake2016 on Instagram!