No matter how many healthy podcasts we listen to or good-for-you Pinterest articles we browse, it still feels ridiculously overwhelming to overhaul our current diet (which mostly consists of hilarious Halloween grub like these monster sushi rolls and Frankenstein cookies) for a more healthy alternative. Luckily, these handy apps are here to make choosing healthier food as simple as pie… er, we mean kale chips.
1. Forks Over Knives: From the makers of the critically acclaimed film Forks Over Knives, this cool app features over 200 recipes from leading chefs that are made specifically for a whole-food and plant-based diet.
2. Instacart: Finding healthy ingredients no longer involves getting out of your PJs. In as little as one hour, Instacart will deliver fresh groceries to your house from your fave stores — we’re talking Whole Foods, Costco… even Petco!
3. Caveman Feast: If you’re thinking about trying out a Paleo diet, this app is a must. With over 250 recipes — from the perfect Paleo burger to smoked avocado lime pork chops — this easy-to-follow guide will definitely impress at your next dinner party.
4. Zipongo: Whether you’re looking for recipes that avoid a certain allergen or grocery discounts to get you motivated to shop healthy, Zipongo pretty much has it all. Best of all… it’s free!
5. ShopWell: Have you ever wondered what exactly is in that mysteriously packaged cookie box at your local grocery store? Well, with the help of the ShopWell app, you’ll no longer need to guess. A quick scan of the mystery box and you’ll know everything you wanted to (including if it contains allergens and how the product stacks up nutrition-wise).
6. The Blender Girl Smoothies: Everyone loves a good smoothie, but we admit we may have gotten a little too crazy with our innovative (read: disgusting) concoctions. In this app, you’ll get access to over 100 foolproof smoothie recipes that are mega good for you. It’s pretty much a no-brainer!
DL It: $4.99 on iOS
7. Food Fix Up: This gluten-, dairy- and refined-sugar-free food app is definitely worth the three bucks. With over 180 recipes and a convenient shopping list function, this app makes it super easy to pre-plan delicious meals that are good for you too.
8. Krazy Coupon Lady: SAVINGS ALERT! The days of clipping coupons manually are long gone. This free app gives you access to over 60 new coupons every single day to good-for-you stores like Whole Foods.
9. HelloFresh: This company is making it easier than ever to start eating healthy. Each week, HelloFresh will deliver a box of recipes and fresh ingredients to your home to cook (each meal costs between $9 to $12, depending on your subscription). No more excuses, folks!
10. Weight Loss Coach by Fooducate: This food tracking app is #goals. Literally all you need to do is scan a pic of a product’s nutrition panel for the inside scoop about all things edible.
11. Handpick Recipes and Ingredients: If you’re stuck on what to make and you don’t want to put on actual pants and leave the house (we totally understand, BTW), this app is a must-download. Simply choose the ingredients you have on hand and the app will tell you what pairs well with it. Dinner mystery, solved.
How are you sticking to your healthy eating goals? Tweet us your tips by mentioning @BritandCo.