In so many ways, 2016 felt like an overwhelming mess of negativity that just wouldn’t stop. It’s been a lesson in learning to lend help if you can and to take better care of yourself to be able to help others when needed.
But of course, the world churns on regardless, and one small beacon of joy was celebrating the arrival of so many babies from some of our favorite celebs this year. While some people, like Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds, prefer to keep their children off of social media, others are eager to share the good news with fans. Here are some of the most joyful celebrity baby announcements we reveled in this year.
1. York Banks Asla: Tyra Banks and her partner Erik Asla surprised the world when they announced in January that they were the proud parents of a new baby boy via surrogacy, and the next month, we got our first glimpse at sweet baby York in a pic of Tyra holding him close in a carrier. “This is the Happiest Valentine’s Day of my life,” she wrote. No doubt.
2. Saint West: Born in December 2015, Saint didn’t make his internet debut ’til February of this year, but my gosh, was it worth the wait. Saint’s appearances on social media have been fewer and farther between than his big sister North’s, but whenever we do see him, we just see the teeniest Kanye. Too cute.
3. Luna Simone Stephens: Can you believe little Luna only came into our lives this year? US EITHER. Chrissy Teigen and John Legend shared the first snap of their little girl with us back in April, and we were INSTANTLY smitten. Her array of Halloween costumes was a highlight from the year.
4. Boomer Phelps: These weren’t the first pics we’d seen of Micheal Phelps’ kiddo, but they were definitely the heart-stoppingly cutest. Decked out in his patriotic best to cheer his dad on in the stands at the Olympics, Boomer truly stole the show.
5. Kirra Max Bohan: Audrina Patridge absolutely slayed maternity style and beauty while pregnant with Kirra, and it’s no surprise that her first few months of motherhood were handled with the same ease. The couple shared their adorable first pics of Kirra back in August.
6. Julia Mimi Bella: Lacey Chabert kept us in the loop on all her pregnancy milestones, including a hilariously awkward announcement, her baby bump debut and even the news that she was expecting a girl. So we weren’t surprised that, just a few days after little Julia’s birth, Lacey shared pics of her sweet little bundle. So tiny! So cute!
7. Dusty Rose: Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo shared the news of baby Dusty’s arrival with a classic black and white photo of their daughter fast asleep on top of a shirtless Adam. It was a really striking first glimpse at the little one.
8. Daisy Josephine Sudeikis: Olivia Wilde didn’t have the easiest pregnancy with little Daisy, but based on the dreamy first photo she shared soon after her birth, all is forgotten. As if this photo didn’t give you serious lounging goals, it packed some extra meaning: “Born, like a boss, on the #InternationalDayoftheGirl,” Olivia wrote. Very cool.
9. Journey River: Meghan Fox and Brian Austin Greene’s latest pregnancy came as a surprise, since the two were reportedly on the outs. But when Megan took to Instagram to share the adorable baby boy’s first snap two months after he was born, it was clear that there was nothing but cozy, happy vibes in their house. Too. Cute.
10. Dream Renee Kardashian: Despite a tumultuous year, Rob and Chyna (and the rest of the family) were clearly thrilled when little Dream was born just a month ago. They had fun spamming social media with the wee one’s face, and even made her her own Twitter account. We have a feeling we’ll be seeing LOTS of Dream in 2017 (and we’re very okay with that).
11. Ocean King PenaVega: After announcing their pregnancy back in June, Spy Kids actress Alexa PenaVega and husband Carlos welcomed their little boy Ocean this month and shared their first snap as a family, featuring the tiny babe cozy and fast asleep on Dad’s chest. “The moment life changed forever,” Carlos captioned it. Absolutely precious!
What was your favorite celebrity baby moment from the year? Let us know over @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via @boomerrphelps)