Can you believe Thanksgiving is only in four days?! That means in five days, it’s going to be time for stretchy pants and staring at the fridge thinking, “what do we do with all this turkey?!” Don’t worry, this week’s 12 series is here to help. After putting hours preparing that delicious Thanksgiving dinner, the last thing anyone would want to do is figure out more recipes for the leftovers. And so, here are 12 recipes inspired by Thanksgiving… and its aftermath.
2. Turkey Fritters: Nothing like throwing together the leftover turkey with some cornbread stuffing, creamed onions, and some rice for an amazing fritter. Easy and delicious! (Recipe and photo: Know Whey)
4. Candied Yam Empanadas: Too full to eat the pumpkin pie during Thanksgiving? No worries, take a second round at dessert with these sweet empanadas using leftover candied yams! (Recipe and photo: Domestic Fits)
5. Duck Confit and Sweet Potato Latkes: Feeling in the mood to be fancy with your leftovers? Try whipping up a duck confit and sweet potato latke. You’re sure to impress all the family members and house guests with this extravagant “leftovers” meal. (Recipe and photo: Voodoo and Sauce)
6. Turkey and Sweet Potato Croquettes with Cranberry Apple Salsa: Yum. Croquettes using turkey and sweet potatoes. Perfect for next day dinner potlucks. (Recipe and Photo: The Galley Gourmet)
9. Red Curry with Turkey, Sweet Potato, and Bok Choy: A super creative take on leftovers by using up those extra sweet potatoes and putting it in curry. Brilliant! (Recipe and photo: Healthy Green Kitchen)
10. Turkey Chili: Fortunately, this chili is low maintenance. Toss together the ingredients for this flavorful chili and let it simmer while you plan your mode of attack for Black Friday. (Recipe and photo: Kitchen Konfidence)
12. Breakfast Hash with Cheddar Mashed Potato Pancakes: You’re going to need to fuel up to deal with those Black Friday crowds, so start the day off with a hearty breakfast hash. (Recipe and photo: How Sweet It Is)