When it comes to slightly risky fashion trends, we’re all in. Between OTT ruffles and one-shoulder swimsuits, we like to think we’re way ahead of the sartorial curve. But what’s a burgeoning fashionista to do once everything new has been deemed “so yesterday” territory? Well, babes, you’re about to find out. Come summer solstice, easy-breezy tops, Grecian maxis, and one-and-done rompers featuring playful shoulder tie straps will be a mainstay in your weekend wardrobe. Whether you’re chilling poolside or soaking up rays on a yacht somewhere in the South of France, we’re bringing you 13 wow-worthy statement pieces that are guaranteed to get you noticed.
1. Pixie Market Mustard Yellow Shoulder Tie Midi Dress ($132): Is it just us or is this mustard yellow dress giving you total Marcia Brady feels? Perf for a post-swim dive or late-night rendezvous, it’ll never steer you wrong.
2. J.Crew Tie-Shoulder Peplum Top in Seaside Floral ($68): Between the seaside floral print, the subtle peplum, and those darling tie-shoulder straps, this easy-breezy top has “stint in paradise” written all over it.
3. Staud Sahara Dress ($235): What to wear when down in the Sahara Desert (or playing tourist in Greece)? You’re looking at it. This stunner not only packs on that bada-boom appeal (hello, flouncy ruffled hem), but it’s guaranteed to keep you cool in the hot July heat.
4. Araks Myriam Bikini Top in Lemon ($175) + Araks Mallory Highwaisted Hipster ($115): Don’t just blend in with the crowd — make a splash when soaking up the rays in this lemon sorbet-hued high-waisted bikini.
5. Free People Maritzah One Piece ($128): Part Moroccan-inspired, part festival-ready, this tile print-inspired jumpsuit will be accompanying you on all your exotic travels this summer. Let the plunging neckline and straps do ALL the talking.
6. Miss Selfridge Tie Shoulder Top ($55): Being a repeat outfit offender isn’t so bad when you’ve got an utterly romantic ivory shoulder-tie blouse on standby (dem bows!). Channel pure elegance at a white party down in the Hamptons or gear up for an evening spent sipping frosé at a rooftop bar.
7. Kate Spade New York Siesta Key Tie Shoulder Romper Coverup ($128): Pool, beach, boardwalk… Find a summer-friendly romper with more slip-on-and-go appeal for the grand prize, ladies. Dare we say it — the ultra-femme floral print may be too cute for a low-key hang sesh.
8. Zara Strappy Top With Bow ($26): T-minus how many days ‘till a bachelorette weekend in Hawaii? Team this tropical floral blouse with some white capris and a slew of colorful leis for an upcoming luau.
9. H&M Jumpsuit ($30): This is not your everyday romper. We imagine Lauren Conrad would pair this hero piece alongside lace-up espadrilles during a boozy summer brunch (post-baby, of course) as a testament of her SoCal roots.
10. Scotch & Soda Tie-Up Top ($98): File this carefree striped tie-up top under what to pack for a Jamaican getaway. Khaki shorts, a floppy straw hat, and woven huaraches will have you making a beeline for the tiki hut before you know it.
11. & Other Stories Classic Cut Swimsuit ($55): Maritime stripes and bows. You can take one guess what we’ll be sporting this Fourth of July weekend alongside some vintage Levi cutoffs and retro sunnies.
12. Esprit by Opening Ceremony Denim Ditsy Floral Combo Dress ($225): As if the ditsy floral print and denim bustier top weren’t enough to set our hearts aflutter, it’s the adjustable shoulder tie straps that are making us stop in our tracks. Ahem, ‘90s babes, we think we’ve found your match.
13. Allihop Printed Tie-Shoulder One-Piece ($118): Hop to it: This painterly one-shoulder bathing suit featuring double ties is a certified crowd pleaser. Try colorful pool slides by day before tossing on an oversized oxford shirt come dusk.
Will you be rocking frilly shoulder ties by the pool this summer? Follow us on Pinterest for more celebrity style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.