If you’re tired of using the same old black and orange color scheme and cheesy Halloween props for your dinner party, it may be time to upgrade your picks to include some spooky-chic table decorations. Throw in a little sparkle from a black sequin tablecloth, spruce it up with a skull full of flowers and scatter around a handful of black snakes for good measure (fake ones, of course!). Before you know it, you’ll transform your Halloween table setting into a sophisticated soiree even Morticia Addams would approve of. Scroll on for all 14 spooky-chic Halloween table decorating ideas!
2. Floral Centerpiece: Flower arrangements are a no-brainer when it comes to sprucing up surfaces. Go dark with your blooms and use a skull vase to add some Adams Family vibes to your Halloween dinner party. (via Honestly YUM)
3. Snake Plate Charger: Channel Medusa’s wicked ‘do with this plate charger made up of black snakes. No worries if you can’t find toy snakes in black — just use black spray paint. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
5. Gothic Accents: Pair antique silver tableware with amber glassware for a table setting worthy of Morticia Addams. For a slightly romantic touch, tie black velvet ribbons around your silverware. (via Camille Styles)
6. Fang Napkin Holders: You don’t need to be a Twilight fan to appreciate this fang napkin holder. Get the look by pairing a set of white plastic fangs with a red napkin accompanied by all-black tableware. (via Food Network)
7. Black Lace Candle Holders: Rim the bottom half of clear candle holders with black lace or sequin trim for this dark romantic look. You can even use this decor hack on other clear containers like bottles or vases. (via The Sweetest Occassion)
8. Spider Table Runner: Creepy crawlers are scary year-round. So rest assured this spider table runner is enough to creep your dinner guests out. Get the look using spider stencils, black paint and a plain burlap runner. (via Brit + Co)
10. Black Bats: You can’t have a proper Halloween party without bats. So make sure to include a few on your table setting by cutting out bat silhouettes on black cardstock then placing them around the table — even between the prongs of forks. (via Stylizimo)
11. Black on Black: Break from the traditional black and orange color combo by assembling an all-black table setting with the occasional pop of gold. If you aren’t able to find Halloween props, like plastic bugs in black, you can always coat them with a matte black spray paint. (via The Jungalow)
13. Pomegranate Place Card Holder: Into Greek mythology? Then channel Persephone, the queen of the underworld, with this table setup featuring pomegranates as place card holders. Though pretty, the bright fruit plays a dark role in Persephone’s downfall. (via Kristen Booth / Green Wedding Shoes)
14. Black Snakes: Garnish the base of your wine glasses with small rubber snakes, spray painted black. If you dig a little sparkle, add black glitter while the paint is still wet for that touch of *pizzazz*. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
Which of these spooky-chic looks will you include in your Halloween table decor? Check us out on Pinterest for more decorating ideas!