Breaking news: you don’t have to spend hours in the kitchen to create healthy, nourishing dinners. In fact, you don’t have to spend more than 15 minutes! Don’t believe us? Here’s the proof — a handy list of quick meals that’s sure to become your new go-to menu planner. Set out the ingredients, preheat a pan and get ready to start on a mouthwatering meal that’ll easily fit into your busy schedule.
1. Bacon Avocado Griddle Pizzas: Want pizza without all the work? Frozen dough is the secret to these mini flatbreads. There’s no better way to celebrate the end of a long day. (via Reluctant Entertainer)
4. Rosemary Citrus Shrimp Tacos: What a coincidence! Not only are these the most flavorful tacos you’ve ever tasted, but they’re also the quickest you’ll ever make. Your family will wipe their mouths post-mealtime with satisfying stuffed-to-the-brim sighs. Nailed it! (via Melanie Makes)
5. French Bread Pizza: This is the perfect recipe for when you don’t want to cook. Grab a loaf of french bread, slather on some sauce, add cheese and whatever toppings you have on hand, and then let your broiler turn it into cheesy, melty goodness that smells every bit as irresistible as it looks. Hmmm… which variety will you try first? (via Picture Perfect Meals)
6. Cauliflower and Roasted Garbanzo Rice & Peas: Prep and chop your veggies the night before to make cooking this dish a breeze. “Cauliflower rice” is the base of this bowl — that’s a new food for us, but we’re cool with it. All those fresh, colorful ingredients look heavenly! (via The First Mess)
7. Stir Fried Noodles With Mushrooms and Greens: In need of a quick, healthy dinner, stat? This is your new staple. Simply toss the ingredients into a pan, fry for a few and you’re all set! (via Yahoo)
8. Steak and Egg Sandwich: Eggs are our old standby for healthy fast food. After all, they are so affordable and packed with protein and good-for-you fats! But sometimes it’s nice to break out of the omelet routine for something a bit more exciting. A steak and egg sammie with arugula greens and spicy dijon? We’re all in! (via I Am a Food Blog)
9. The Ultimate Chicken and Avocado Sandwich With Bacon: Sear a slice of chicken and make this sandwich. It’ll feel like a total splurge, especially with the potato chips(!) surprise. (via Half Baked Harvest)
10. One Pot Wonder Basil Tomato Pasta: This colorful one-pot dish comes together in a snap. Throw all the ingredients in and go put your feet up (or catch up on laundry!) while dinner virtually makes itself. The veggies soak up the starchy pasta water to create a rich tasty sauce that gloriously coats every strand. (via Apron Strings Blog)
11. Almond, Berry and Spinach Chicken Salad: Hearty chicken pieces, crisp almond slices, and a variety of bold berries make us wish every night was salad night. Umm, addictive! (via Chelsea’s Messy Apron)
14. Jalapeño Popper Pulled Chicken Sandwich: This might be the ultimate quick-fix meal. Amp up shredded rotisserie chicken with a creamy sauce and spicy jalapeños. Better put this one on rotation: It’s so good your family will be asking for more, and it’s so easy you won’t mind making it every night. (via Cookies & Cups)
We want to hear from you! Which of these quick dishes are you dyin’ to try!? What are your go-to 15 minute recipes? Tell us about them in the comments below.