Back-to-school season has made us crave new office supplies. We’ve been swooning over innovative pencils and pens. And now we’ve set our eyes on notebooks. While we previously found a couple awesome analog tools for managing our to-dos, we went on the hunt for something that generated a little more creative scrawling. We came across these 15 unique and clever notebooks for capturing all kinds of inspiration:
1. Triangle Notebook ($18): Square notebooks are for, well, squares. This triangular notebook will help you think outside of the box. The original shape is the perfect place to store your original thoughts.
2. Waterproof Shower Notebook ($13): Brilliant ideas can strike just about anywhere, even in the shower. Well, now you can be prepared for those flashes of inspiration. Waterproof notebooks abound, whether they’re designed to help you write in any weather or write steamy notes in the shower, so don’t you dare let water stop you from jotting down your genius thoughts :)
3. Decomposition Book ($8): Putting pen to paper is a great way to spark your creativity… but we all know that paper isn’t the most eco-friendly substance in the world. This notebook, though, will soothe your environmental conscience. Made from 100% post-consumer recycled paper and with biogas derived energy, you can write with abandon!
4. Notebook and Pencil ($10): Don’t get caught without a pencil when you have something to write down. Within the pages of this notepad, a convenient writing utensil stays tucked away for when you need it most.
5. Sliced Bread Notebook ($63 for set of 12): Is your writing the greatest thing since sliced bread? Prove it with these quirky notepads. Conveniently packaged and addictively fun, these are sure to get you writing up a storm.
6. “Slushie” Notebook ($3): The bright colors of this notebook are sure to get your creative juices flowing. There are a couple different color combos available but we’re loving this cool blue and purple jam. The small size makes it perfect to bring along with you wherever you go.
7. Navajo Notebook Set ($13): Tribal prints are trendy and your office supplies need to be just as fashionable as the rest of your wardrobe. Embrace the gorgeous colors and fun patterns of this set of three notebooks.
8. Lines Notebook ($9): These notebooks, which have red lines on the inside matching the patterns on the covers, allow you much more versatility than traditional ruled paper. Turn one into a weekly calendar, a to-do list, an idea web, or a sketchbook. Regular ruled paper is so last season!
9. Walls Notebook ($17): Get your graffiti on… legally ;) This notebook features pictures of blank NYC walls for you to doodle. Sketch away and embrace your inner street artist.
10. Pantone Notebooks ($11): It’s not secret that we absolutely love Pantone and Pantone-themed products. These notebooks are utterly adorable and perfect for showing off your absolute favorite color.
11. Field Notes ($10): Are you a Boy Scout at heart? Always being prepared never hurt anyone and sticking one of these in your pocket will help you in that arena. We’re obsessed with these handy little books, suitable for literally any kind of note-taking you might find yourself doing!
12. VHS Notebook ($21): Looking to get your retro tech on? We totally understand and embrace the nostalgia. These notebooks are just so fun!
13. Sketchbook with Elastic Band ($23): Keep all your writing and sketching utensils at your fingertips with this handy sketchbook. Whatever pen, pencil, or marker you love, you’ll be able to stop losing it at the bottom of your purse with this convenient gadget.
14. Keychain Notebook ($1): The ultimate in portable, this keychain notebook will come with you wherever you go so you’re ready to take notes at a moment’s notice. You’ll always have a place to jot down that phone number or your brilliant idea for a DIY.
15. Evernote Smart Notebook ($30): We’ve written about this before, but we can’t resist including it because it’s awesome. Evernote and Moleskine joined forces to create a smart analog notebook that you can upload to your digital files… it’s pretty much the greatest thing ever.
How do you record all your creative thoughts? Are there any epic notebooks we’re missing? Let us know in the comments below or over on Twitter.