Winter means less time frolicking outside and more time spent cozying up indoors, so it’s the perfect opportunity to give your decor a little more DIY lovin’. Easy peasy IKEA hacks can warm up your aesthetic and give all of your holiday festivities a little more sparkle, even on a budget. Old staples are revived with gilded accents, curtains are made merrier with geometric shapes and drinks are all dressed up in their seasonal best. If the winter blues have you down, let these clever hacks bring you right back up.
2. DIY Cabinet Stencils: With just a few targeted geometric lines, these cabinets got a major face-lift. Proving that a little can go a long way, the gold-dipped pegs perfectly punctuate the overall look. (via Paul Svera)
3. DIY Tripod Lamp: Why go the standard floor lamp route when you can spice it up with a little DIY action? This sturdy tripod lamp will bring life to an otherwise dull corner, all the while making your space that much brighter. (via Kristi Murphy)
4. DIY Gold-Dipped Candle Holders: Candles are great year-round accents, but winter is when these vibe-makers really shine. Dress yours up for the holidays by adding a touch of gilded glamor. (via Lark & Linen)
5. DIY Stikwood Headboard: Headboards are making a big splash this season, and fortunately for DIY enthusiasts, they’re easy to hack and make all your own. Plus, they have a special knack for rounding out a room with sophistication. (via Sugar and Cloth)
7. DIY Marble Bar Cart: Winter is nothing without its holiday festivities. This bar cart hack looks all sorts of lovely and is easy to achieve with just a little spray paint and some contact paper. (via Twinspiration)
9. DIY Pom-Pom Throw: There’s no better time to curl up with a cozy throw than during winter hibernation. And adding stylish pom-poms to the mix only makes things that much cozier. (via Passion Shake)
11. DIY Fabric Pouf: Poufs are ever-popular, but the expense can be hard to justify. If you’re like so many of us on a budget this season, forgo the high costs and make one yourself! (via Kristi Murphy)
12. DIY Gold-Dipped Vases: Noticing a theme yet? The holidays are all about shining festivities, so it’s not too surprising that so many classic accents are dressing themselves up in gold. (via Le Zoe Musings)
13. DIY Metallic Curtains: If you have a set of curtains that could use a little more love, look no further. Equal parts easy and game-changing, this is a simple hack you can accomplish in under an hour. (via Sister’s Suitcase)
14. DIY Space-Saver: Enough space is tough to come by these days. Fortunately, there are a ton of space-saving hacks you can take advantage of, like this genius makeshift shelf that will ensure everything in your space has its place. (via Ich Designer)
16. DIY Crystal Knob: Pretty, sparkly and full of good vibes, one can never have too many crystals. Sneak one or five onto your favorite drawers for a sparkling touch this winter. (via Made By Monique)
17. DIY Air Planters: With cold, gray days ahead, you want to bring in as much green as you can get. No green thumb? No problem. These air planters are easy to make and the plants they hold are even easier to care for. (via Gathered Cheer)
Looking for more ways to warm up your abode this winter? Follow us on Pinterest!