If our Oscar-themed printables didn’t already give it away, this Sunday night we’ll be slouched in front of the boob tube cheering on our fave nominees and of course, swooning at the style we see on the Oscars red carpet. We’re already dying to compile our best dressed list, so instead of waiting until the weekend to gawk at gowns, we took the liberty of sourcing ones that we’d wear to the celeb-studded party if we ever got the chance (a girl can dream, can’t she?). From color blocks to caped frocks, these are the 20 Brit-approved designer gowns that would shoot you straight to A-List status!
1. Sachin + Babi Sweetest Revenge Maxi ($80): Besides being such a fresh color, coral’s red undertone makes it a hue that won’t clash with the red carpet. We’d rock it with chunky jewels in contrast colors.
2. Stella McCartney Sleeveless Golden-Belt Gown ($5,512): Every element of this dress caught our eye: the bold yellow color, the sleek neckline, and that shiny gold belt. It’s near perfection.
3. Monique Lhuillier Silk One-Shoulder Gown, Ombre ($4,658): A black-to-pink-to-white ombre gown? Oh yeah, it’s a red carpet risk we’d totally take. Plus, that floor-length shoulder sash adds a cape-like detail without committing 100% to the look.
4. Versace Embellished Silk Chiffon Gown ($8,625): This gown has Sofia Vergara written all over it: from the sweetheart bust and ruched skirt to the slouching, off-the-shoulder-straps. So freaking sexy!
5. Tibi Into The Blue Tribal Gown ($100): Hold the phone: a tribal print evening gown? Some fresh Hollywood face would look stunning in this patterned powder blue dress.
6. Monique Lhuillier Ombre Strapless Gown ($3,990): This strapless gown shows just how elegant ombre can be. The fade creates an insanely flattering and eye-catching shape—it’s our number one pick for ladies showing off their baby-bumps.
7. Laundry by Shelli Segal Sequin Gown ($219): When all else fails: sequins. The sparkle is nicely tamed by the preppy three-quarter sleeves and boat neck collar.
8. Alexander McQueen Feather-Print Strapless Chiffon Gown ($6,571): Can you tell that we’re big advocates for more pattern on the red carpet? This feather-print gown definitely does it for us—we’d jazz it up with a sapphire statement necklace and a super soft updo.
9. Victoria Beckham Cropped-Pverlay Wool and Silk-Blend Gown ($3,950): We have to say, Posh Spice knows her stuff. The balance of delicate shapes and structure leaves us absolutely breathless.
10. Parker Dress Blakney ($495): Look closely: the geo pattern on this sleeveless gown is completely beaded. Swoon! We’re hoping to see more and more embellished pieces on celebs of all ages on this year’s carpet, but someone get a Jenner in this ASAP.
11. Shoshanna Mabrey Maxi Dress ($125): The asymmetrical color blocks on this pastel-hued gown really won us over, but we also love how the the high-low hem allows for your footwear to share the spotlight. Two words: gold pumps.
12. Milly Blue Diamond Maxi ($495): This pleated, Grecian-style gown gets a modern update with geometric color blocking. We’d love to see a redhead like Amy Adams rocking this number with a glamourous, cascading ‘do.
13. Roksanda Ilincic Lisson Tiered Satin, Crepe and Dupion Gown ($2,090): Our color block obsession has seeped into the world of high fashion, and we’re way okay with that if THIS is the result. The jaw-dropping tiered gown is a shoo-in for Best Dressed on our list.
14. Roland Mouret Larch One-Shoulder Lace Gown ($5,060): We know we’ve thrown a ton of color and pattern into our dream gown roundup, but this one shoulder dress might actually be the riskiest on our list. Between the scalloped, floor-length sheath and lace-embellished collar, there’s a lot going on here—regardless, we’re in love.
15. Lindal Cape-Effect Silk-Blend Gown ($2,105): If there’s one thing we learned from this red carpet season, it’s that capes are totally in (we will forever be in awe of Lupita Nyong’o after she strutted her stuff at the Golden Globes). This number is equally as impressive, with a floor-length cape trimmed with a bright aqua band and a belt we could stare at for days.
16. Madison Ave. Collection Hallis Dress ($698): A cocktail dress on the red carpet? Oh yeah, we’d rock this amazingly elegant number to death. This luxe fit-and-flair is full of surprises, like a cool racerback and a white zipper detail that accentuates the sky-high neckline.
17. Oscar de la Renta Petal-Embroidered Tulle Gown, Navy ($9,412): This is the only other Oscar we’d secretly wish for on the big night! We’re floored by the silver petals that tumble down the navy tulle gown.
18. Stella McCartney Colorblock Tank Gown ($5,140): Someone with an athletic build like Sandra Bullock could totally pull off this color block Stella McCartney gown. We’d style it with a vintage-inspired over-the-shoulder curl to balance out its sporty chic vibe.
19. Tadashi Shoji Strapless Lace Insert Pintuck Jersey Gown ($438): There’s no denying the punchy personality of this textured gown. Flirty lace panels alternate with pleated jersey, creating a cascading effect that we’re hands down obsessed with!
20. Elie Saab Lace Top Slit Long Sleeve Gown ($5,988): This graceful gown is a serious show stopper. We can totally imagine Gwyneth Paltrow rocking it on any high-glam occasion—and being the envy of the entire evening in it!