Independence Day is right around the corner and we’re celebrating in more ways than just a Will Smith marathon (tho see you this weekend, Big Willy!) — we have killer, festive cocktails for you to pour at every BBQ, tailgate, fireworks fiesta and bonfire bonanza you attend Friday — and beyond! These 20 recipes from around the web will keep the patriotic spirit going all summer long.
1. Red, White and Blue Wine Spritzer: White wine spritzers are a classic summer beverage for a reason. Add some blue and red and you’ve got yourself a killer cocktail for America’s birthday. (via pretty plain janes)
2. Snow Cone Drinks: This drink is equal parts nostalgia and party-in-a-glass. Slightly on the sweeter side, we wouldn’t have too many or you can expect a killer hangover on the 5th. (via Kirbie’s Cravings)
7. Blueberry Coconut Sparkler: Fresh blueberries, coconut rum and ginger ale combine to make a festive drink with just the right hint of tropical paradise. The coconut flakes on the rim are a fun final touch. (via Pizzazzerie)
9. Purple Independence: Who says everything’s gotta be red, white and blue? This cocktail’s color makes it a little bit of (delicious) rebellion in a glass and a pretty addition to your table. (via A Year of Cocktails)
10. Bomb Pop Jello Shots: There’s just something about the 4th of July that brings out the big kid inside all of us. These popsicle-inspired shots are the perfect way to indulge. (via That’s So Michelle)
11. Star Spangled Spritzer: This fruity summer drink is easily made non-boozy by swapping out the white wine for ginger ale, making it a great option for a family-friendly affair. Just make sure to clearly mark your pitchers before serving! (via Celebrating Everyday Life)
14. Watermelon Sparkler: These drinks look gorgeous and the ombre effect is surprisingly simple to achieve, while the basic recipe and instructions are easy to customize to your personal taste. (via TikkiDo)
16. Sugar Cookie Pudding Shots: These layered shots are sweet and fun, and the amaretto flavor is the perfect compliment to the pudding. And how adorable are those cookie stars? (via Jelly Shot Test Kitchen)
17. Blueberry Bliss Cocktail: Blue can be a hard color to work into your meal without resorting to food coloring, but this cocktail’s a great one to pair with your various red and white dishes. Besides, blueberry is always a good bet for a summertime treat. (via Carla’s Confections)
How are you celebrating this July 4th? Are you incorporating red, white and blue into your cocktail repertoire? Let us know your plans in the comments below or hit us up on Facebook.