For many of us, 2016 was a doozy, but we here at Brit + Co are ready to hit refresh in 2017! Follow our Hit Refresh series through January for new ideas, hacks and skills that will help you achieve (and maintain!) those New Year’s resolutions.
It’s on the last day of the year that we reflect on everything that happened to us over the past 365 days and prepare for our upcoming shot at another year. And, if you’re like most people, you’re probably thinking about what you can do better in the new year to make your life easier. Well, lucky for you, this week we decided to round up five apps that will help you accomplish your goals. Whether you want to get mentally organized, cook healthier meals or save money, these five apps will help you get there. Cheers to 2017!
1. Outlinely: Whether you’re about to tackle a big new project in the New Year, take notes in a class or just need some help collecting your thoughts, this app will help you organize every thought you’ve ever had. And because it will carry data between your computer and your phone, it makes being mentally organized easier than ever before.
DL It: Free on iOS
2. Foodies: If you made a New Years Resolution to either cook healthier or just cook more, make sure you’ve got a good recipe app on your phone. For Android users, we love this new app that allows you to search by ingredient. So no matter what you’ve got sitting around your fridge, you’ll be able to throw together something fantastic.
DL It: Free on Android
3. Tock Alarm: Or maybe you made a resolution to make every minute of your day more productive. Start every morning of 2017 out right with this alarm that will let you know the day’s weather, agenda, news and commute times before you even get out of bed.
DL It: $1.99 on iOS
4. Atlis: Consider this kind of like if you got paid for your Yelp reviews. But if you’re new to town, you can ask locals for the best florist or dentist or bar in town. It’s a recommendation app that rewards everybody for using it.
5. Exacto: Instead of downloading Photoshop to cut the images you love out of their background, just pay $3 for this handy app. It will let you remove anything from its background, which is great for reworking photos you aren’t happy with — or even making a friend’s dream come true by sticking them in a pic with their fave celebrity.
DL It: $2.99 on iOS
Which was your favorite app this week? Let us know @BritandCo!