Gone are the days of blinging out our notebooks with Lisa Frank stickers, but that doesn’t mean we have to miss out on all the fun! Adulting stickers have started popping up for purchase across Etsy shops and other online stores, and when it comes to capturing our feelings about the challenges of acting our age, they hit the nail on the head. Whether you’re buying them as gifts for a friend or to spice up your planner, these stickers are an inexpensive treat that will make you feel a little more understood in your adulting challenges. Check out six of our favorites below.
1. Everburg Design Studio “I Won an Argument on the Internet” Sticker ($6): Between Twitter spats and passive aggressive emails at the office, much of our drama takes place online, but that doesn’t make it any less satisfying to walk away the winner.
2. Jumping Pineapple “Haven’t Yelled All Day” Sticker ($6): As adults, we’re expected to keep our cool no matter how frustrated we feel. Getting through a day without raising our voice in the midst of commutes, blemishes and all other things annoying, often feels like sweet victory.
3. Everburg Design Studio “I Got My Flu Shot Today and I Didn’t Bite Anyone” Sticker ($6): Like clockwork, flu season rolls around each year, and with it comes the eternal question: to get the flu shot or not to get the flu shot? Those of us brave enough to go under the needle — and be well-behaved while we’re at it — still deserve a sticker, even if we’re not toddlers.
4. Stickies by C&S “Didn’t Eat All the Food” Sticker ($4): It’s hard not to miss our pre-adult metabolisms and even harder to resist the urge to snack like crazy, especially on a day full of grown-up stresses.
5. ShortStack Designs “Guess Who Bought Groceries” Sticker ($3): Takeout makes life so insanely easy, but word on the street is that “real adults” keep their refrigerators stocked too. Who knew that errands could be such a pain?
6. Everburg Design Studio “I Didn’t Maim or Strangle Any Coworkers Today” Sticker ($6): In spite of our best efforts to get along with our colleagues, it’s not always office parties and after-work happy hours. Maturity is all about playing nice — and avoiding inflicting bodily harm at all costs.
If you were to design an adulting sticker, what would it say? Tweet us @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via StickiesByCnS)