Listen up, ladies! Styles from the 1960s are coming back, and we’re so pumped. Sure, this means that the beloved loose-fitting trends of summer might soon be over, but we’re more than happy to incorporate some well-tailored dresses, oversized buttons and graphic prints into our wardrobe. Channel your inner Jackie, Audrey or Twiggy with these 29 groovy dresses.
1. Tally Swing Dress ($178): As we just mentioned, the ’60s were all about rocking graphic prints. This swing dress definitely fits the bill.
2. Midi Skater Dress in Botanical Print ($58): Rule of thumb — if you can imagine Christina Hendricks’ Mad Men character Joan Harris in it, it’s part of the trend. Joan is a fan of tight-fitted bodices and big, poofy skirts, as are we!
4. Curve Swing Dress With Collar + Embellishment ($105): The ’60s were a particularly funny time in fashion because of the wide spectrum of trends. While we did mention tighter-fitting dresses earlier, loose-fitting swing and shift dresses like this one were considered fashionable as well.
5. Flower Print Dress ($36): This is the perfect transitional piece between two seasons. The tropical print appeals to our summer wardrobes, while the extremely structured silhouette will take us into fall.
6. A-Line Shift Dress ($54): Another shift dress? Check! The nice thing about this neutral shade is that you can style it so many different ways. We’d wear it to a fancier event (perhaps a wedding?) with a bling-tastic necklace.
8. Wiggle Dress in Pastel Floral Print ($96): This dress is completely vintage, from the neckline to the print to the sleeve length. The one thing us modern gals might appreciate most about it, however, is the fact that it has pockets. Hurrah!
9. First Kiss Dress ($50): A dress adorned with lips may have been a bit scandalous back in the ’60s, but it’s safe to say it rules nowadays. That old-school Peter Pan collar really ties the whole look together.
11. Ravine Flared Dress ($298): This silhouette is so typical of formalwear during the ’60s, and we can’t get enough of it. This stunningly deep shade of navy blue makes it the perfect choice for a fancy dinner party.
12. Curve Midi Dress in Wallpaper Print ($67): You may be wondering what makes this so retro, and you’d be mostly right. We included this one for its awesome wallpaper print and to show y’all just how much the ’60s shift silhouette has changed over time. Cool, right?
13. The Mod Life Dress ($75): Not only is the shape of this dress old-timey, but its print is made up of vintage things, from go-go boots to radios.
15. Kaste Tunic ($248): That short collar, the dress’ silhouette, the graphic print… This is basically the perfect picture of fashion during the Golden Age.
17. Just the Right Touch Dress ($32): Pearl embellishments are so simple and classy. We’d add a little bit of color to the outfit with some bright pumps and red lipstick.
18. ’60s Shift Dress in Rib Texture ($54): This may just look like a plain red dress from far away, but the closer you get, the more you can see its cool texture. We think every woman should own a LRD (little red dress)… they’re just so versatile.
19. Sunpane Dress ($328): It might almost be fall, but it’s still pretty hot in some parts of the country. Cool off in this strappy checked dress!
20. Dress With Bell Sleeves ($36): Oh my goodness, those bell sleeves just make us want to do the Mashed Potato. Or just dance on The Corny Collins Show.
21. Curve Midi Skater Dress in Color Block ($54): Color blocking may seem like a modern trend, but it was pretty big way back then. We’ve been indulging in quite a bit of monochromatic fashion recently, probably because of its timeless quality.
22. Retro Lace Dress ($17): There’s just something about this dress that gives it that vintage look, but we can’t seem to place it. Regardless, it’s adorable and is a great way to bring spring and summer colors to your fall closet.
23. Retro Dress With Raglan Shoulders ($58): We know The Brady Bunch took place during the ’70s, but a lot of their clothing was inspired by the previous decade. Can’t you see Marcia Brady doing her fabulous thumb dance in this?
24. Viscose Jersey Dress in ’60s Shape ($41): Seriously, these ’60s gals loved their fitted dresses. This one in particular features a stylish drop waist as well as an overall neutral shade. There are so many accessories that could be worn with this one.
26. Lavendel Dress ($228): We’ve said it before and we’ll say it again — polka dots and floral prints just get each other. This strapless dress is so very Zooey Deschanel, and so very you.
28. Straight Cut Dress With Side Zip ($26): The orangey yellow hue of this dress is so ’60s we can barely contain our excitement.
29. Milano Color Block ’60s Dress ($282): You know how obsessed all women are with having pockets? This dress comes with four.
Are you as psyched about this retro trend as we are? Share your thoughts in the comments below!