Hey all! Irene here, Creative Content Producer at Brit + Co. I’ve definitely grown to appreciate how dad-like my dad is over the years. Even though my dad definitely has his unique personality, he still falls into the “classic dad” tropes, like wearing the same cargo shorts every weekend for 15 years or refusing to let anyone but him mow the lawn.
Here at Brit + Co, we love our dads and their dad-isms. Sometimes we love them *despite* their dad-isms. So for Father’s Day this year, we teamed up with Studio Ink to put together a list of trademark dad moves. Studio Ink’s Father’s Day cards are funny and designed with dads in mind. Come June 18, pick up a card and write down your favorite dad-ism that yours is totally guilty of. Check out our favorite dad-isms below!
1. I love you because you’re the only man who can pull off socks with sandals. Can anyone but Dad pull off the socks with sandals look? I think not. Write about his killer fashion sense in this card.
2. I love you even though you tried your hardest to keep me from dating for as long as possible. Okay, it may have been pretty annoying as a teenager to want to go on dates and not be allowed to, but looking back, Dad’s strict rules probably saved you a lot of time and heartbreak. Tell your dad thanks in this card.
3. I love you because your favorite way to spend a Friday night is to grill and chill. A classic dad move is an intense love for the grill. Let Dad know how much you appreciate his grilling skills with this card.
4. I love you even though you always yell, “I still got it!” after doing anything somewhat athletic. As a kid, you probably rolled your eyes every time Dad bowled a strike and pumped his fists, shouting, “I still got it!” Okay, you *still* might roll your eyes. Regardless, the fact that dads get so proud after any sort of athletic achievement is pretty adorable and deserves noting in a card.
5. I love you even though your only dance move is the Macarena. If you’re like me, you got your bad dance moves from good ol’ Dad. Let your dad know how much you love his fun dance moves with this card.
6. I love you even though you can’t stop telling bad jokes. I love a good dad joke. How dads come up with them is beyond me. Reminisce about your favorite dad joke in this card.
7. I love you because, growing up, you were my personal exterminator. Dads love to protect their kids, especially from unwanted pests. Tell your dad thanks in this card.
8. I love you because you always paid for everything. Aren’t dads some of the most generous people you know? We can all picture the dads sitting on a couch in a clothing store, waiting for their daughters to come out of the dressing room so they can stand in line to pay. If your dad somehow taught you the value of money *while* paying for everything, he definitely deserves major props. Let your dad know that you appreciate him with the perfect Father’s Day card.
Happy Father’s Day!
What is your favorite classic dad-ism? Share your photos on Instagram using #britstagram.
Author: Irene Lee
This post is a collaboration with Studio Ink.