We LOVE a good holiday bash (seriously, DIY ugly sweater parties are our jam), but we’re also partial to lazy winter nights in our PJs. While we’re definitely down for watching a Hallmark Christmas movie and nursing a festive drink in our green Starbucks cup, our go-to chill holiday night in HAS to be cozying up with a good read by the crackling fire. Here are eight new reads that are festive as heck… and already in our Amazon cart ;)
1. The Twelve Days of Dash and Lily by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan ($11): Even with her grandfather’s recent tragedy, Lily’s BF, BFF and fam jam are determined to make this Christmas perfect for their main gal. And after reading Dash and Lily’s adorable love story in Dash and Lily’s Book of Dares, we can’t wait to see how this power couple slays the holidays.
2. Mistletoe and Murder by Robin Stevens ($15): When Hazel Wong found out she was spending the holidays in Cambridge, she pictured a postcard-perfect scene of snowy hilltops, cozy fireplaces and a charming, drama-free Christmas. Unfortunately, all this is ruined by a terrible murder… and it’s up to the kiddos in the Detective Society to figure out the culprit in this holiday-centric young adult mystery.
3. Christmas Joy by Nancy Naigle ($9): Everything we love about a cozy Christmas read is jam-packed in this new novel from Nancy Naigle. Unexpected holiday romance? Check. Awkward but loving time with the fam? Check. A heartwarming twist that will make you want to put on your elf slippers and dance around to Christmas tunes? Check.
4. Winter Storms by Elin Hilderbrand ($17): Elin’s conclusion to the Winter Street trilogy is a must-read for any bibliophile who loves a good family drama. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll nod your head in agreement… and then you’ll settle in to re-read the whole damn thing again.
5. Hot Flash Holidays by Nancy Thayer ($11): The joys of the holidays don’t stop when you’re post-menopausal. Nancy Thayer’s hilarious new novel explores the classic conundrum of having your Christmas plans blow up in your face and how the right gal pals can help you get through just about anything (even draining your Christmas savings on your BF’s “revolutionary” self-published novel).
6. Christmas Caramel Murder by Joanne Fluke ($14): You’d think that putting on a community production of A Christmas Carol would be simple, but that isn’t the case for BFFs Hannah and Lisa. With scandal, outrage and murder aplenty, this Christmas story will definitely have you reading by candlelight until the wee hours of the morning.
7. What Light by Jay Asher ($11): Screw Valentine’s Day — it’s the holidays that bring out the romantic in us. Don’t believe us? Just read Jay Asher’s newest young adult love story (set on a Christmas tree farm, because why the heck not). You’re welcome in advance.
8. Mistletoe and Mr. Right by Lyla Payne ($15): Featuring two stories of holiday romance by rockstar author Lyla Payne, this cool new read is definitely a must for any gal who’d rather be toy-making in the North Pole.
What’s on your holiday to-read list? Tweet us by mentioning @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Featured photo via Getty)