The Oscars can be the starting point for some of the best fashion, hair and beauty trends of the year, and this year’s was no different. Last night’s red carpet had all kinds of glamorous looks that you’ll want to try and copy. The best way to master them? Hit up YouTube for some tutorials that’ll show you how to achieve head-turning looks that will make you feel red carpet ready. We rounded up some of the best go-to beauty gurus to teach you how to DIY your own award-worthy looks.
1. Raye Boyce: For all the matte lip lovers out there, Raye Boyce is a great source for bold looks. The best part: A lot of her tutorials are also drugstore makeup guides! Get that deep red lip à la Rooney Mara on the cheap. (via ItsMyRayeRaye)
2. Kaushal Beauty: Did you secretly love Sofia Vergara’s glitter throwback? So did we! Kaushal Beauty isn’t afraid of glitter either with this sparkly look. Bonus: Girl loves a good celebrity-inspired look, so keep an eye out for Oscar beauty tutorials on her page! (via Kaushal Beauty)
3. Kayley Melissa: Want to recreate the lazy girl hair trend that not one, but TWO Oscar winners rocked this year (we’re loving it, Brie Larson and Alicia Vikander)? Kayley Melissa is the queen of making your hair look chic but doing it quick and easy. This video will give you the most glam half-up hair you never knew you wanted. (via Kayley Melissa)
4. Amanda Steele: This teen is wise beyond her years when it comes to rocking the latest beauty trends. Special occasion or not, this look will have paparazzi lights popping (or at least could make you Instagram famous). (via Amanda Steele)
6. Chloe Morello: A quality smoky eye is a beauty girl’s best friend (look no further than Saoirse Ronan’s look last night for that evidence). Aussie Chloe Morello gives us a glittery spin on this ultra sultry look, perfect for a night out and beyond. (via Chloe Morello)
7. Destiny Godley: If you want to go from day to vamp but be subtle about it, let Destiny Godley help you out. Some good eyeliner and a bit of shimmer can go a long way (just ask Olivia Wilde). (via Destiny Godley)
8. Weylie Hoang: Fake eyelashes are an intimidating endeavor if you’ve never done them before, but Weylie Hoang will guide you through it (check out her video for eyelash extensions as well). With a little bit of glue, you’ll be rocking Lady Gaga-esque lashes that will be the envy of all your friends. (via ilikeweylie)
What were some of your fave beauty looks from the 2016 Oscars? Tag us on Instagram @BritandCo!