This post is sponsored by Abe’s Market.
We’ve been on a healthy snack kick lately—well really, when aren’t we on the look out for some new snack ideas? Thankfully, we’ve teamed up with Abe’s Market, an online market focused on natural products (and not just food!), to bring you some our favorite snack picks—both ones that you can buy and ones you can make yourself. What makes this even better? The folks at Abe’s Market will be rewarding one lucky reader a $500 gift basket filled with the tasty snacks and stylish goods to pack a healthy lunch. Click here for complete details on how to enter to win.
1. Dark Chocolate Cherry Cashew Bars ($19 for 12): Sometimes you need a little bit of chocolate with your afternoon snack. Indulge with these bars, and you’ll be getting the good stuff, too.
3. Organic Cheddar Bunnies ($5): These are a staple at Brit HQ. We couldn’t get much done without a few cheddar bunnies in the afternoon.
4. Savory Kale Snacks Sampler ($33): Please tell us you’ve tried kale chips. If not, you’re in for a treat. Especially with this flavor sampler. Sea salt and vinegar? Spicy miso? Sign us up!
5. Sesame Sugar Snap Peas: We love summer just for the fact that it’s sugar snap pea season. And this easy upgrade with just a few simple ingredients—like sesame oil—will have you snacking on them for the rest of the season. (via Brunette in Louboutins)
6. Organic Gluten Free Blueberry Nut Bar ($4): These organic bars, are the perfect thing to keep stashed in your purse, desk drawer, or glove box. They are delicious and filling, and they are gluten free and Kosher. Doesn’t get much better!
8. Chocolate Sea Salt Quinoa Clusters ($4.50): Who would have thought that quinoa—in addition to changing our weekly dinner routine—could elbow in on snack time, too? You’ll be convinced after you try these clusters that are similar to granola bars, but have the added benefit of protein from the quinoa.
10. Simple Squares Rosemary Organic Snack Bar ($30 for 12): If you’re looking for a new flavor profile, look no further the combination of rosemary, vanilla, and honey isn’t one we would expect, but we’re totally hooked.
11. Cashew Cardamom Chia Pudding: Have you tried chia seeds yet? If not, we recommend starting with this pudding recipe. Not only does make use of the way the seeds expand, it also has good s tuff like dried currants, chopped nuts, and more. (via TheKitchn)
12. Quinn Popcorn Sampler Pack ($15 for 3 boxes): Movie night will never be the same with this fresh flavors. We can’t wait to get our hands on the lemon and sea salt version.
13. Raw Avocado Lime Mousse on Rice Cakes: While you might be tempted to call this guacamole, this recipe is actually much simpler. It involves avocados, agave, and lime juice atop whole grain rice cakes. (via TheKitchn)
14. Almond Berry Nut Clusters ($3): If you can get past the clown on the box, these clusters—made with almonds, oats, and dried blueberries—are some of our favorite treats.
15. My Supersnack Chocolate Chip Granola Bites ($3): These granola bites are soft, making them just about as close to a healthy cookie as you can get.
16. Almond Butter Smoothie: Looking for a way to pump up the protein in your morning smoothie? This recipe made with bananas and almond butter is the perfect way to start the day.(via Lunch Box Bunch)
17. Superfood Cereal Sampler ($13): Let’s be honest, cereal is a great snack any time of day. But you can get bored with the options in the cereal aisle pretty quickly. These inventive flavors (Goji Cacao, anyone?) will break you out of that rut.
Make Snack Time Easier
Not only will these bags and pouches make packing a snack easier, they’ll also make it more eco-friendly. Here are a few of our favorites.
1. Chic Chevron Reusable Snack Sack ($10): This snack sack has a Velcro closure at the top and is perfect for cereal for kids, or trail mix for adults.
2. Mini Bulk Bags ($8 for 3): Next time you head to the bulk bins to stock up, skip the plastic bags in favor of these canvas bags. You can also pack pretzels, corn chips, or pita chips inside.
3. Active Sandwich Wrap ($9): Wrap up your turkey on whole wheat or your roasted veggie sandwich with this nylon pouch. The best part is, it unfolds to be a placemat while your eating.
4. Bento Box Reusable Snack Sack ($10): Fill this snack sack full of snap peas or edamame to go along with a sushi or bento lunch.
5. Lunchskins Green Pear Sandwich Bags ($27): With a three pack of these sleeves you’ll never need a plastic bag in your lunch box again.
Now for the giveaway details! You can enter to win a snack basket from Abe’s Market worth $500, just by submitting your e-mail address below.
Submitting your e-mail address also means you’ll be subscribing to the Brit + Co. newsletters and the Abe’s Market newsletter.
The giveaway will close at 11:59 pm on September 19th. The winner will be chosen at random and will be notified via e-mail. Read full contest rules and terms here.