You first fell in love with Airbnb for its quirky vacation destinations. Then it saved your life when you had to plan your Bestie’s bachelorette party. Now it’s your turn to be the bride, and you can’t stop ogling stunning locations that are waaaaay out of the honeymoon budget. Consider combining the honeymoon and ceremony into one awesome Airbnb destination wedding. What rocks your wedding world? A Scottish castle, Italian villa, French chateau, Greek island, Caribbean beach house, Texas ranch, Colorado mountain lodge, New York City loft… The options are endless. Here are 27 of the most over-the-top Airbnb destinations available now.
1. The Houdini Estate in Los Angeles ($1000/night): If a Golden Age Hollywood wedding is your style, this Airbnb property is for you. Famous magician Harry Houdini once lived in the guesthouse of this sprawling Laurel Canyon mansion, built on solid rock with stone walkways through hills that are honeycombed with hidden caves. The guesthouse elevator connects to the main house via a secret tunnel under Laurel Canyon Boulevard. Take your wedding pics here, in this wild and romantic spot.
2. 18th Century Scottish Castle in Midlothian, United Kingdom ($160/night): If Downton Abbey is your dream destination, this Scottish castle would be more than perfect. Set in an idyllic country estate on the outskirts of Edinburgh on the banks of the river Esk, Melville Castle provides a stunning backdrop for a wedding. Plus, you get to honeymoon in a castle.
3. French Chateau, Saint-Hippolyte-de-Caton, Languedoc-Roussillon, France ($544/night): This 18th-century French chateau dates back to medieval times, and remains of that architecture can be found in the enchanted courtyard at the heart of the castle. Picture yourself floating in the saltwater swimming pool under the shade of the lime trees, eyes closed, a glass of rosé in your hand. The Languedoc region is awash in vineyards, renowned for some of the very best French wines.
4. Castello Dal Pozzo in Piedmont, Italy ($4,048/night): This castle is set among sprawling parklands, high on a hill that has panoramic water views. If dancing the night away like Cinderella in a castle ballroom overlooking the banks of Lake Maggiore appeals, this is just the location for you.
5. Italian Villa, Montevarchi, in Tuscany, Italy ($1,485/night): If films like Enchanted April have you fantasizing about living in a Tuscan villa, check out this 17th century stone farmhouse near Florence. The house is surrounded by olive groves and vast gardens. Your ceremony could take place overlooking this saltwater pool, with the vista of the Chianti hills as your wedding backdrop.
6. Cap d’Antibes Villa, Côte d’Azur, France ($1,145/night): Honeymoon on the French Riviera, anyone? Ooh la la! A playground for the British royal family (and wealthy Europeans and Americans), the French coast is teeming with romantic vistas that recall Hollywood film classics like Hitchcock’s To Catch a Thief. It’s no wonder the region is home to the Cannes Film Festival. This gated villa is 450 yards from the beach and overlooks a bay, making it an ideal spot for a picture-perfect Mediterranean wedding.
7. Borgia Castle, Tuscany ($1,272/night): Located on the border of Tuscany and Umbria, this castle is a perfect location for a fairy-tale wedding. Once home to the infamous Borgia family, it retains beautiful frescoes, and the multiple terraces all overlook Trasimeno lake. Have your ceremony beside the pool, followed by dining and dancing in this courtyard strung with twinkle lights.
8. Villa Pianciani, Spoleto, Umbria, Italy ($1,157/night): Live like an Italian countess! This estate was once the summer home of a rich Pianciani Count. Have your ceremony and reception in one of three buildings — the villa, the chapel or the ruins — then spend your honeymoon in a romantic cottage on the remote edge of the parklands, while your guests do… whatever they want. You won’t even be thinking about them.
9. Aegean Island Villa, Near Athens, Greece ($578/night): Having a destination wedding in the Villa Delenia is like getting married on your own private island. Located in a secluded corner of the Aegean sea on the island of Euboea, Greece´s second largest island after Crete, the villa offers three houses that are all filled with rustic charm but with modern conveniences. Daily cooking, cleaning and chauffeur services are provided by resident staff, to ensure your honeymoon will be utterly indulgent.
10. Villa Andaman, North Kuta, Bali ($639/night): If you’ve always dreamed of honeymooning in Bali, this one’s for you. Experience the remote surroundings of living among lush paddy fields, while the dynamic and colorful Balinese nightlife of nearby Seminyak is just a boat ride away. Seven private bedrooms with ensuite baths overlook the pool, and a private butler, staff and driver tend to your every comfort. This could be your island wedding dream come true.
11. Casa Dos Chicos, Nayarit, Sayulita, Mexico ($433/night): Set on a hilltop in the tropical town of Sayulita, overlooking the Pacific coastline of Mexico, this open-air villa offers 360-degree views of the ocean and lush foothills of the Sierra Madres. Retreat to your private room for an open-air bath and shower, then reconvene with your friends on the rooftop lounge and dining room. Both the town and beach are only a short walk away.
12. Villa Bonita, Aguadilla, Puerto Rico ($835/night): If you’re planning a very large wedding, this location might have everything your heart desires. Have your ceremony outdoors, overlooking the ravine, then lead guests poolside to PAR-TAY in the gazebos. There is an extra event fee here that may well be worth it if your dream is a meticulously planned wedding with all the accoutrements — like dramatic night lighting, live music and caterers, servers and bartenders. The hacienda sleeps up to 35, but more accommodations are available nearby for larger weddings of 50+.
13. Catalina Mansion, Cartagena, Colombia ($2,421/night): A beautiful example of colonial architecture, Casa India Catalina would be a perfect backdrop to an intimate hacienda wedding. Located just blocks from Plaza Santo Domingo, within the walled “Old City,” this boutique hotel has a lot to offer a small wedding party. Have your ceremony in the courtyard, overlooking the pool, then retreat to the open terrace for dinner and drinks. Restaurants and shops are an easy walk away.
14. Private Beach Mansion, Key West ($1,995/night): If you’ve ever wanted to experience how the rich and famous live in The Keys, get married on the private beach of this Key West mansion. Spend your honeymoon days fishing, skiing, paddling, kayaking and snorkeling, then retreat to your romantic master suite with a private balcony that overlooks both the water and the pool.
15. Beach Side Guest House, San Juan, Puerto Rico ($109/night): This boutique hotel, located in Carolina, just a 20-minute taxi ride from Old San Juan, could be the perfect venue for a relaxed and intimate wedding. Have your ceremony on the beach, and follow it with dinner in the Playita hotel. Or get your friends to venture into romantic Old San Juan for dinner and dancing.
16. Sydney Waterfront, Coogee, NSW, Australia ($782/night): If you’ve always dreamed of a cosmopolitan wedding on the Sydney waterfront, check out this multi-level private villa. Hold the ceremony and reception on the wrap-around terrace surrounded by panoramic views of Gordon’s Bay and the Bondi to Coogee Coastal Walk, one of Sydney’s top attractions.
17. Artist Loft, New York, NY ($1,000/day): Want to live like a New York artist — at least for a day? This loft in Manhattan is available for events and photography/video shoots. The beautiful open space is filled with contemporary art and infused with natural light from two walls of floor-to-ceiling windows. With its tin ceilings and steel girders and columns, this loft has real charm. Have both your ceremony and reception here, or venture out after the vows to taste the nightlife of NYC.
18. Hollywood Hills Villa, Los Angeles ($2,000/night): This six-bedroom gated villa in the heart of Hollywood Hills is a cinematographer’s dream. Your guests will enter through the compound’s double gates and cruise down the 700-foot shaded private road to arrive in the circular motor court, where you’ll be welcomed by 180 degrees of impressive city views. Say your vows poolside, then dance and dine on the outdoor veranda while all of Los Angeles sparkles below you.
19. Harlem Brownstone in New York, NY ($1,335/night): Taste the romance captured by Harlem Renaissance writers and artists of the day in this century-old Harlem brownstone that retains many original architectural details. Getting married here would be like stepping back in time to a piece of history. This mansion features five bedrooms and a private courtyard — perfect for outdoor events.
20. Hamptons House in Water Mill, NY ($3,750/night): If you’ve always wanted to stay in a house in the Hamptons, now’s your chance. Hold the ceremony in front of the winding staircase of the dramatic double-height great room, then head poolside for drinks and dancing. The house has seven bedrooms and 12 baths.
21. Wine Country Maison Territories in Sonoma, CA ($2,800/night): How’d you like to be married in this castle-like estate in the wine country of Sonoma? Have the ceremony on the terrace that has panoramic views to San Francisco, then party the night away with a reception overlooking the pool. The main house features five bedrooms, but there’s also a secluded guest house that the honeymooners can retreat to.
22. Mountain Lodge, Evergreen, CO ($1,095/night): If you’re a mountain gal, this one’s for you! Get married outdoors against a backdrop of sweeping Rocky Mountain views, then hit this home’s private “Irish pub” downstairs, where the real fun begins. The O’Malley Mountain Lodge offers everything your wedding needs, in a relaxing mountain location that has amazing views from every single window.
23. Mountain View Barn in Hudson, NY ($1,100/night): This gorgeous farmhouse with Catskill Mountain views has a party barn that’s ideal for a barn wedding. Get married outdoors and take advantage of the spectacular sunsets, then relax around the inground pool. The house sleeps 14 guests.
24. Houston Ranch in Brookshire, TX ($400/night): Craving a down-home country wedding? Get married on a real working Texas ranch. There’s plenty of room to hold your ceremony and reception on this spacious 22-acre farm, including outdoors around the pool. Fireworks and bonfires are allowed, and roving horses, cows, dogs, cats and chickens add to the laid-back ambiance. The house sleeps up to 14 guests.
25. Parisian Lounge in New York, NY ($1,300/day): The Parisian Lounge is a stunning space in the heart of the Flatiron District of New York City. Sexy and sophisticated, it has beautiful antique mirrors, walnut trim and leather banquettes that recall a speakeasy of the 1930s, making it picture-perfect for a chic city wedding. Wraparound windows look out onto urban street views that light up at night.
26. Waterfront Estate Near NYC in New Rochelle, NY ($1,220/night): Located in a historic home on the waterfront just 30 minutes from Manhattan, this Gatsby-esque retreat is perfect for an intimate ceremony. Get married on one of two terraces against the backdrop of the Sound, featuring stunning sunsets.
27. Catskills Estate in Margaretville, NY ($1,358/night): If a barn wedding is on your must-have list, consider this gracious mountain-view mansion. Get married on the 80-foot wraparound porch, then head off to the party barn for a boot-stomping reception. You’ll be oohing and ahhing over these photos for a lifetime.
Want more outrageous Airbnb wedding destinations? Follow us on Pinterest.