Although we’re well-documented suckers for nostalgia, we must admit: There are some pretty great things about the present. And probably our favorite thing about here and now is that there is a technological solution for practically every single problem you could ever have. So, in the spirit of making your life easier, we rounded up the five best new apps that recently appeared. Whether you’re looking to change your style or just write more letters, these five apps will get you where you need to go.
1. Hook: Learn where to get the coolest wardrobe additions for your style straight from the streets. This fashion search engine will let you search for the exact item you’re coveting and then recommend a bunch of different options in so many different budget arenas — so this could finally be the one thing both your wallet and your closet agree on.
2. ScreenUse: Learn exactly how much time you’re spending staring at your phone screen — for better or for worse. This app helps you gauge exactly how much time (down to the minute) you’re spending on your phone. The app will also help you analyze patterns and see at which time you’re most likely to be hooked to your phone — which is a great addition for anybody looking to be a bit more mindful.
DL It: $0.99 on iOS
3. Whom: Turn your life into a GIF with this handy new app. It’s perfect for capturing your friends’ dance moves — and keeping them around should you ever need fodder for embarrassing group texts.
DL It: Free on iOS
4. Slowly: For those who love technology but agree that sometimes old-fashioned is best, this is the app for you. It will link you up with an actual, physical, breathing pen pal somewhere around the world. Meet people from all over who share the same interests as you — and start collecting a TON of new stamps.
DL It: Free on iOS
5. Hutch: This app is the perfect digital addition for anybody looking to transform their space without shelling out for an interior decorator. Learn tricks to make your space seem bigger (and cooler!) than ever before while snatching up different pieces, selected for your individual style.
Which was your favorite app this week? Let us know @BritandCo!