When it comes to planning a wedding, every couple has their style (and trust us when we say, we’ve seen it all). From nautical weddings to travel-themed and even magical Harry Potter wedding ideas, there’s seriously a theme for everyone. So if you’re a sporty couple that loves heading to the slopes every chance you can, show it by rocking a cool ski or snowboard wedding. Host your wedding at a ski resort or cozy winter cabin, and decorate with mountain-inspired decor and stylish ski props. Scroll on and check out these 24 must-see ideas for an après ski wedding theme. No matter what you end up with, your guests will surely enjoy the magical mountain view on your big day.
1. Seahorse Bend Press Ski Lodge Save the Date ($25+): These save the dates are the perfect sneak peek for your guests and will totally help set the tone for your outdoor destination wedding. Plus, this Etsy store lets you choose between digital or printed, so you can do as much or as little work as you want!
2. All-Lace Wedding Dress: When it comes to your hunt for The Dress, there’s no need to limit your options to long sleeves. Top it with this cozy Fabulous Furs Faux-Fur Poncho ($225) to keep you warm during your outdoor photos. (via Logan Walker Photography / Artfully Wed)
4. Faux Fur Bridesmaid Coats: Winter weddings come with an added challenge: figuring out how to keep warm while still looking good. With so many options on how to keep the cold away, we love this faux fur coat idea to keep your gals warm while you take those magical photos on the slopes. (via Logan Walker Photography / Fab You Bliss)
5. Ski Bum Boutonniere: If your S.O. is the kind to really think outside the box, then this creative ski bum boutonniere will be just what the doctor ordered. Not only is it super on-theme, but it will make the outfit totally stand out in your wedding photos. (via Becky Young Photography)
6. Majestic Ceremony Scenery: Take the trend to the next level by having your IRL slopes scenery as a ceremony backdrop that will not be forgotten. The contrast of wedding white and forest green is perfect for winter nuptials. (via Stein Eriksen Lodge / Logan Walker Photography)
7. Snowy Seating Chart: Bring the skis to your venue with this modern take on a seating chart. The chalkboard backdrop will make it easy for you to display gorg calligraphy you can DIY. (via Brooke Bakken Photography / Elizabeth Anne Designs)
8. Mini Ski Escort Cards: These mini ski escort cards are an adorable way to keep your guests organized. Use them as a wedding favor too so you can get more bang for your buck. (via Liz Banfield / Gemini Event Planning)
9. Ski Cocktail Sign: If you’re lucky enough to have snow outside your venue on your big day, stick a few skis in and hang a sign to direct your guests to the party. They’ll appreciate the direction and the creativity. (via J. Sorelle)
10. Lively Outdoor Bar: Take note from our favorite bubbly beverage and create an outdoor cocktails area that will keep the party going. To get the look, simply choose one of your wedding colors and set it up somewhere near the bunny slopes. Add a faux ski rack in the back for some more après ski decor. (via @MasonRose)
11. Rustic Winter Decor: If your dream wedding is more of a ski-resort-with-rustic-vibes kind of soiree, then you’ll want to head to the nearest flea market RN. Think: big bourbon barrels, vintage skis and reclaimed wood for some DIY signs. #swoon (via Ome Piet)
12. Après Ski Cookies: Decorate sugar cookies with festive ski memorabilia and pair with spiked hot cocoa for a match made in wintry heaven. You could even have a cookie decorating station to keep your guests entertained (and full of sugar). (via Cookeria by Margaret)
13. Juniper Champagne Cocktail: If you and your sweetie will want a signature drink for your big day, go for a well-garnished option, like this juniper Champagne cocktail. It’ll remind you and your guests of the trees you saw as you skied your way down the black diamond. (via Martha Stewart)
14. DestinationTree Custom Ski Tabletop Centerpiece ($125): Forget the flowers. Get creative with a centerpiece that is super personalized for you and your love, like this custom wood destination sign tabletop centerpiece. Write in all the ski and snowboard destinations you’ve been to together, or the ones you’re planning for your future getaways.
15. Flaming Hot Fire Pits: Fire and ice aren’t your typical pair, but you might want to consider adding these to your big snow-filled day. Ignite your cool après ski wedding with toasted marshmallows, storytelling or a whole lot of snuggling with a fire pit area that will keep your guests happy and warm. (via Food Studio)
16. Chocolate Peppermint Fondue: Fondue makes the perfect post-slopes treat because it lets your guests control their toppings and dippers of choice *and* requires minimal work from the host during the party. Consider it a win-win. (via Food Fanatic)
17. Outdoor Dessert Bar: Let’s be real for a second. No winter wedding dessert bar is ever complete without milk and cookies. Add a few handcrafted touches like a personalized sign and the results will be awe-inspiring. (via Lovely Peonies / Imagine Joy)
18. S’mores Marshmallow Shooters: If you’re ready to drink your booze and eat it too, these s’mores marshmallow shooters are a must for your big day. Whether you choose to add Kahlúa or Bailey’s, we promise these will be a hit. (via Erica’s Sweet Tooth)
19. Ultimate Hot Cocoa Bar: Treat your guests to a tasty mug of hot chocolate from an impressively stocked hot cocoa bar. Indulge your guests’ sweet tooth fantasies and include toppings like marshmallows, chocolate chips and caramel sauce. (via Hawthorne and Main)
20. Cozy Wedding Favors: Custom monogrammed fleece blankets are the perfect way to thank your guests for celebrating your nuptials with you and your sweetie. Think about giving these cuties at the very beginning, so your friends and fam can snuggle up during your al fresco ceremony. (via Lisa Lefkowitz / Style Me Pretty)
21. Ski Guest Book: If you’re a non-traditional bride, then a non-traditional guest book is a must-have. Switch things up a bit and let your guests sign a pair of skis using your wedding colors. It’ll make for a great piece of art on your gallery wall. (via Happy Wed)
22. Mountain Wedding Cake: Nothing says après ski wedding like a seriously stunning mountain wedding cake. Take it to the next level and add two little skiing figurines at the top of the cake to represent you and your boo. (via Real Photography / The Knot)
23. Sloped Wedding Exit: Instead of throwing rice or rose petals, kickstart your happily-ever-after with a wedding exit down the slopes. It’ll make for a fabulous photo op. (via Tom K. Photo)
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.