You know we’re all about supporting the makers — heck, we even host Re:Make annually to celebrate the community at large — so it’s probably no surprise that we’re loving all of the artisan cheeses created right here in the good ol’ US of A. This roundup celebrates 12 American creameries’ cheeses, paired with a hand-picked recipe that corresponds to the selection. Wanna take things slow and simply host a tasting instead? Consult our list of recommended supplies for making your event go off without a hitch!
1. Kale Salad With Delicata Squash, Almonds and Aged Cheddar: Salads may be the furthest thing from your mind when it’s cold out, but this one featuring seasonal produce and Cabot Clothbound Cheddar is sure to delight throughout autumn and winter. (via Marin Mama Cooks)
2. Rosemary Chicken Sausage, Peppadew Pepper and Goat Gouda Grilled Cheese: Use Central Coast Creamery’s goat gouda to put a domestic spin on this gourmet grilled cheese. (via Spache the Spatula)
3. Oven Baked Camembert With Honey-Roasted Figs: When you have a gorgeous wheel of Alemar Cheese Company’s Bent River at your disposal, there’s no need to hide it under layers of puff pastry — the cheese itself truly shines in this recipe. (via Multiculti Kitchen)
4. Crottin Salad With Pears and Fennel: This peppery salad pairs beautifully with Redwood Hill Farm’s French-style California Crottin. (via Williams Sonoma)
5. Mt. Tam, Pear and Garlic Confit Pizza (Gluten-free): One taste of this pizza will tell you why Cowgirl Creamery’s Mt. Tam is such an award winner. Feel free to swap in your favorite pizza crust, gluten-free or not! (via A Sage Amalgam)
7. Fresh Fall Figs with Humboldt Fog…on Bruschetta: An iconic American cheese, Cypress Grove’s Humboldt Fog is tangy with a unique added texture from the ash-crusted rind; a natural paring with figs atop toasted baguette. (via Thyme)
8. Smashed Baby Red Potatoes with Ancho Chiles and Dry Jack Cheese: Use any one of Vella Cheese Company’s Dry Jack Cheeses in this delicious recipe! (via Bon Appétit)
9. Bijou Creme Brûlée with Rhubarb Compote: Vermont Creamery’s Bijou lends a bit of savory nuttiness to a typically sweet custard. The accompanying strawberry rhubarb compote plays up the goat cheese tang nicely. (via Vermont Creamery)
12. Flagship Cheese, Asparagus + Pear Bites: Beecher’s Flagship cheese is tucked inside these appetizing bites. If you have extra cheese on hand, give Beecher’s World’s Best Mac and Cheese recipe a go! (via Country Cleaver)
Who are some of your favorite artisan cheese makers? Why type(s) of cheese do they specialize in? Let’s chat about all things queso-related in the comments!