If you’re entering that phase in your life when everyone seems to start having babies at the same time, chances are you’re gonna be hosting a baby shower or two before the year is out. After scoping out baby shower themes and baby shower mocktails, take a peek at these 13 essentials that will take your hosting game to the next level. If you’re a little afraid of playing hostess, read on and find all the things you need to make it easy as pie.
1. Agate Slice Coaster Kit ($39): If you’re hosting anything with beverages, you’ll want to make sure your furniture is protected, and, of course, you won’t want to sacrifice style to do it. These beautiful agate coasters are an excellent way to shield your tables. Plus, you get to DIY them, since they’ll arrive in kit form.
2. Acme Party Box Co. Chalkboard Egg Place Cards Set ($10): If there is dinner, there shall be place settings. With these place cards, you’ll get to assign seats in the most adorable way. The best part is that they’re reusable, so you’ll get endless mileage out of these little eggs.
3. Liddabit Sweets Bourbon Bacon Caramel Corn ($10): Sugar is practically essential when you get a group of ladies together. This sweet and salty mix will satisfy any sweet tooths in the bunch, as well as the salt-craving clan as well.
4. Grow and Make Chocolate Truffle Making Kit ($23): To really make it a special event for your baby shower guests, serve them handmade truffles complete with lots of chocolate and love. They’ll taste as good as they look, we promise.
5. Drop It Modern Elephant Balloon Weight ($7): Balloons are baby shower staples, so that means you’ll have lots of ’em floating around. Make sure they don’t go flying away with this more-than-glam elephant balloon weight.
6. Acme Party Box Co. Spring Milk + Cookies Gift Set ($19): This cool kit has everything you need to make super sweet (literally and figuratively) spring-themed cookies that will be the cherry on top of your epic hostessing. Bunny-shaped cookies: Please and thank you!
7. Drop It Modern Blush Tassel Garland ($32): These colors are about as sweet as your soon-to-be new mom (or dad!) friend is. String ’em up for a little bit of a special touch if you’re hosting at home.
8. Grow and Make Caffeinated Chai Tea Kit ($29): Since pregnant women can’t drink, consider taking your shower in a chai-fuelled direction instead. This kit has everything you need to make your very own brew that will bring warmth and caffeine to the hearts of all of your guests.
9. Bando Party Time! Girl Talk Headband ($15): Baby showers are definitely a time to celebrate and certainly a time to party. Hand them out at the door (or even beforehand with the invites!), and let the good times roll right from the very beginning.
10. The Flair Exchange Confetti ($5): It’s hard to think of a better reason to bust out confetti than the celebration of someone special in your life giving birth… probably because there might not be one. The black and gold hues of this confetti make it much more grown up and chic than the traditional stuff.
11. Drop It Modern Massive Love Balloon ($20): Love is really what it’s all about. Whoever you’re throwing the party for is probably someone you love a lot, so showcase it at the shower with this huge love balloon.
12. Crosley Cruiser Portable Turn Table in Chalkboard ($99): Any party has got to have tunes, and there’s nothing more fun to play them on than this portable record player that’s coated in chalkboard paint. Scribble a cute note to the lady of the hour on the cover for added love.
13. Sprinkle Bakes Watercolor Gold Leaf Cake Kit ($34): This kit delivers in a big way — it’s got everything you need to make these pretty cakes on your very own. Try using just pink and blue to really play up the baby theme, especially if the gender is gonna be a surprise.
What are your baby shower must-haves? Tell us all about them on Twitter @BritandCo!