If this hasn’t happened to you yet, it will at some point in your life. Your BFF calls you and tells you her big news: She’s preggo. Girly screams and smiles commence. And once you come out of your excited frenzy, you’ll realize something: You best be throwing that girl one epic baby shower. But before you go buying hundreds of rubber duckies or tiny little bunny rabbits to put all over the place in her honor, let’s have a little heart-to-heart. Your friend is about to be surrounded by that kind of stuff for years to come. So why not throw her something a little more grown-up for now. Not sure what we’re talking about? Oh, well you know we’re going to follow up here with a bunch of baby shower themes that simply do not suck.
1. Indoor Garden Party: Sometimes all it takes are totally gorg arrangements, a little greenery, one crazy beautiful cake and some pink tulle. Don’t over think it. Just include a few beautiful focus points, and you’ll have put together one baby shower that have all the guests going goo-goo, ga-ga. (via Style Me Pretty Living)
2. Girl Scout Troop Meeting: Welcoming a little wilderness girl into the world? Well do it Troop Beverly Hills style. We’ve already got you covered when it comes to GS cookie hacks. (via Beau + Arrow Events)
4. Luxe Circus Sip and See: In case you couldn’t tell from our circus-themed wedding post, big-top events are kind of a big deal right now. But they don’t have to be all red, teal, black and white. Here’s a softer side of circus parties. (via Kara’s Party Ideas)
6. Modern Geometrics: Set the blues and pinks aside for a minute for a gender-neutral, totally hip baby shower. Just because a baby is about to be a part of your life doesn’t mean everything has to turn into a frilly affair. (via 100 Layer Cakelet)
7. Sophisticated Black + White: Believe it or not, the theme of this shower started with a honeybee. They kept the color palette, but made it more modern and chopped out all the cutesiness usually associated with buzzing baby showers in exchange for a very grown-up luncheon. (via On to Baby)
10. Vintage Newsprint: It could happen: Your friend announces she’s having a boy… and a girl! Twins! Here’s your one-stop baby shower shopping. It’d also be ideal for gender reveal parties, gender neutral parties… or just someone who really likes newspapers. (via PopSugar)
11. Sprinkled With Love: So many things are happening here to make this the ultimate Brit + Co. baby shower. Sprinkles? Check. Pom poms? Check? Color explosions everywhere? Oh, you know it. (via Hostess with the Mostess)
12. Showered With Love: The whole shower-themed shower is nothing new, but it’s usually reserved for boys. We like this pink take… oh, and the fact that there are donut clouds, maple bacon, short stacks of waffles and pancakes, plus just a touch of glitter involved. (via Hostess with the Mostess)
13. Girly Glittery Backyard Party: Not having a girl? Swap the pinks for blues or go for a gender neutral color… or the mom-to-be’s favorite color. It is in her honor after all. (via 100 Layer Cakelet)
What sort of shower are you going to throw? Let us know below!