An insider sheds some light on the BIP scandal and Kylie Jenner is the youngest person on the Forbes 100 list in this morning’s top news stories. Check out those and more below in Tuesday’s Morning Buzz.
1. Details on the Bachelor In Paradise scandal involving alleged “misconduct” continue to emerge. One cast member, who spoke to People on the condition of anonymity, described the “dark energy” that surrounded the house. “We knew something bad had happened,” they said. They recalled being put on lockdown on set, which meant they weren’t allowed to speak to each other and were followed nonstop by the crew and cameras. Shortly after, they found out they would be heading home, likely for good. The source said that one of the producers was in tears while breaking the news. (h/t People, photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)
2. The Golden State Warriors won the NBA Championship. It’s the team’s second title in three years, and it means we got to see lots of pics like the one above, of Steph Curry celebrating with his super-adorbs daughters, Riley and Ryan. Bachelorette Rachel Lindsay was on hand, amid all the BIP drama, to see her ~rumored ex~ Kevin Durant take his first championship, while Khloe Kardashian no doubt had some consoling to do (and some Kardashian Kurse nonsense to brush off) as bf Tristan Thompson and the Cleveland Cavaliers were defeated.
3. Katy Perry responded to Taylor Swift putting all of her music on streaming services at the same time as Perry’s album drop. As Perry’s Witness press tour continues, she dropped by the Today Show, where she was grilled on Swift’s suspicious timing. “I don’t know, I can only do me,” Perry replied. Maybe this feud really is finally dying down. (h/t Us Weekly)
4. Kylie Jenner is the youngest person on the Forbes 100 list. You go, Kylie! At only 19 years old, Jenner ranks at No. 59 among the year’s 100 top-earning celebrities, pulling in $41 million. Kim Kardashian made the list too, coming in at No. 47 with a cool $45.5 million to her name. Dang, ladies. At the top of the list? Diddy is No. 1 with $130 million, and Queen Bey came in at No. 2 with $105 million in earnings. (h/t Forbes)
5. NBC host Megyn Kelly has just been dropped as the host of a Sandy Hook benefit after her interview with conspiracy theorist Alex Jones. Sandy Hook Promise is a gun violence prevention organization that started after the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Connecticut, in 2012. Their annual benefit gala was to be hosted by Kelly, but the organization has released a statement saying that due to her scheduled interview with Infowars’ Alex Jones, who believes Sandy Hook was a hoax, they will not have her host their event. “Sandy Hook Promise cannot support the decision by Megyn or NBC to give any form of voice or platform to Alex Jones and have asked Megyn Kelly to step down as our Promise Champion Gala host,” Nicole Hockley, co-founder and managing director, said in a statement. “It is our hope that Megyn and NBC reconsider and not broadcast this interview.” (Photo via Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty)
6. Quote of the day: “There is a fountain of youth: It is your mind, your talents, the creativity you bring to your life and the lives of people you love.” Sophia Loren knows the power of creativity.
How do you tap into your creativity? Let us know @BritandCo!
(Featured photo via Frazer Harrison/Getty)