We love a good DIY balloon project, so we’re all about the latest party trend. Balloon walls turn the ultimate party decor into a jaw-dropping, colorful backdrop for a photo booth or centerpiece for your dessert or gift table. Whether it’s for a baby shower, wedding, or birthday party, hanging these airy accents bring the fun. Take a deep breath (or grab a helium tank) and read on for 17 inventive ways to get your party popping.
1. DIY Rainbow Balloon Backdrop: Featuring the long, thin versions that are typically used to make balloon animals, this colorful backdrop is a super creative and easy option to brighten up your wall. (via Oh Happy Day)
2. DIY Balloon Marquee: Take the opportunity to really spell out your excitement. Create a frame using card stock to outline your word or phrase, and fill it with tiny balloons in the same color. (via Oh Happy Day)
5. DIY Balloon Wall Photobooth: There is nothing that says “it’s time to party” like this backdrop. Select balloons of different shapes, sizes, and colors and, starting from the center, add pieces to the wall like a puzzle. (via Oh Happy Day)
7. White Balloon Backdrop: Line the entire wall with a BUNCH of white balloons in various sizes. Before you know it, you’ll feel like you’re up in the clouds. Add to the ambiance by including a few dozen balloons loose on the floor. (via Green Wedding Shoes)
8. Pomtree Champagne Bottle Tassle Balloon ($8+): All your bubbly-lovin’ gals will get a kick out of posing with this flowing bottle of Champagne.
9. Golden Tassel Tails: Large white balloons floating at various heights give texture to an all-white background. For a little more glam, attach cascading metallic tails. (via 100 Layer Cake)
10. Bonbon Balloons Giant Latex Balloons ($40+): It’s not all about the balloons themselves! Hand-crafted, decorative strings make a balloon wall that much more creative and unique.
11. DIY Painted Letter Balloons: Mylar letter balloons don’t have too many color options, but if you have a specific hue in mind, you can always spray paint them to match your party’s color scheme. (via Oh Happy Day)
12. DIY Summer Dreamsicle Balloon Wall: Here’s the perfect backdrop for a spring or summer bash! With just one twist, these popsicle balloons are much less difficult than balloon animals but equally as charming. (via Studio DIY)
14. DIY Graduation Balloon Superlatives: Not only is this a great piece of decor, but it’s also a fun game for guests to play. Vote on superlatives for each guest (think: high school yearbook), and attach Polaroids to each of the balloon strings. (via Studio DIY / Balloon Time)
15. DIY About to POP Photobooth Backdrop: This is a super simple way to give your backdrop depth. Space out a bunch of colored balloons at varying lengths to create a balloon forest. (via Studio DIY / Balloon Time)
16. DIY Champagne Brunch Balloon Wall: Step up your table of bubbly by taping Champs-colored balloons in various sizes to the wall. As long as you don’t blow them up all the way, the balloons will be spherical and really look like bubbles. (via Honey and Fitz)
Looking for party inspiration? Find more decor ideas on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.