Summer is back, which means it’s time to break out the grill again. Whether you’re throwing a backyard BBQ with your friends or looking to make the perfect burger for you and your S.O., you know the ideal way to cook in the warm weather is outside. So why not combine your fave outdoor activity (grilling, duh!) with your favorite food group: CHEESE! Yup, that’s right — barbecued grilled cheese is a thing, and we are definitely excited about it. Not sure how you feel yet? Well, keep scrolling for the best barbecued-cheese recipes that will make you fall in love with this foodie fan favorite.
1. Char-Grilled Asparagus and Halloumi With Mint and Lemon: These yummy and easy four-ingredient grillers will be your go-to recipe this summer. Not only do they take just a few minutes to make, but they also provide you with a healthy serving of veggies, which is always a nice bonus. (via The Gourmet Traveller)
2. Grilled Brie With Tomato Jam: Brie and jam make a seriously perfect pair. Grill the brie to get a wheel of gooey heaven and top it off with a little sweet and savory tomato jam for the perfect appetizer. (via Penguin Random House)
4. Grilled 3-Cheese Sweet Pepper Poppers: Now here’s a summery starter done right. Whip up these delicious appetizers to serve to your friends, who will be asking for the recipe after the first bite. (via Whole and Heavenly Oven)
6. Grilled Brie With Honey and Trail Mix: Not an expert chef? No worries — this dish has you covered. All you need is some trail mix, honey and a wheel of brie to create an amazing before-dinner bite. (via Eat Live Run)
7. Grilled Cheese Sticks: This dish will satisfy vegetarians and meat eaters alike. Top off this healthier take on classic mozzarella sticks with some chimichurri sauce to recreate a classic Brazilian street food dish. (via From Brazil to You)
8. Grilled Halloumi + Quinoa Salad: Searching for a salad that can be served as an entree? This hearty dish will fill you up while offering plenty of flavor, thanks to its contrasting flavors of spiciness and saltiness. (via The Kitchn)
9. Grilled Brie With Figs + Thyme Honey: This is a dish you will definitely want to add to your cheese board. Sweet and salty flavors make for a starter you’ll want to eat as an entree and dessert. (via Alaska from Scratch)
Follow us on Pinterest for more BBQ grilled cheese recipes to make this summer.