It’s hard to believe that May is almost over — what? — but one thing we’re looking forward to once the temps rise is a summer full of beach adventures. Style-wise, almost anything goes when you’re beach-bummin’, but there’s one beach beauty hack you need on your radar this summer (and every summer, TBH): salt-water locks. We’re talking surf-babe waves all day long, whether you use your favorite texturizing product or let your messy tresses do their own thang. If this look doesn’t give you enough reason to visit the beach ASAP, then we’re not doing our job. See how these 10 Instababes rock the summery trend below.
1. Blonde-tastic: Give lighter locks some sea-shore love after taking a dip in the salt water. Spritz textured spray all over and let it dry while you lay out under the hot sun.
2. Beach Bum: Who needs a Panama hat when you can let your strands soak up the rays? Opt for air-dried tresses to get stylish textured waves that will last you all day at the beach.
3. Deep Side Part: Nothing is better than chilling with your friends at the pool, and West-Coast strands are required for days spent lounging. Take your lazy-girl look to new heights with a deep side part, and finish it off with a California-girl pink lip.
4. Cali Waves: Take a trip to the west side with this effortless beauty look. Whether you cover up with a hat or accessorize with a flower crown, you’ll be California dreaming for days.
5. Shaggy Bangs: Step squarely into summer with these cool-girl messy waves. This ultra-flirty style would perfectly complement a tropical boho dress.
6. Beach Goddess: This It girl-approved look is perfect for a day-to-night ensemble. After hours, throw on your go-to LBD and loosely pull your locks into a messy half knot.
7. Frizzy Love: There’s a time and a place for sleek, frizz-free strands, and a day spent bummin’ with your buds is not one of them. Whether you’re at the beach or lying by the pool, this flaunt-what-you-got look totally screams summer.
8. Top-Knot Twist: Need a new way to tame your locks after a day at the beach? Twist your strands into a chic top knot for a fun take on the half-up trend.
9. Messy Spirals: Say so long to your pin-straight strands. Strut your stuff in this woke-up-like-this look while you’re hanging on the boardwalk with the girls.
10. Mermaid Waves: Take your natural texture to the next level with these Ariel-approved waves. Add glitter to the ends and let them air dry for a fun night-out look.
What’s your go-to summer style? Follow us on Pinterest for more genius hair hacks and inspo.