As hot summer days give way to chilly fall nights, it’s time to trade backyard BBQs for those cozy fireside suppers. Packed full of fiber and a whole lotta nutritional value, bean soup is a healthy and hearty way to greet the season. Try one of these 11 flavorful recipes for dinner, then pack the leftovers as a quick-and-easy workweek lunch that will have you ready to face even the most blustery of days.
1. Minestrone Soup With Borlotti Beans, Fennel + Kale: Craving pasta? Give your cold-weather comfort food a healthier spin by mixing it into minestrone soup along with borlotti beans, kale, zucchini and other yummy veggies. (via Fuss Free Cooking)
3. Tuscan Bean Soup: Bring the flavors of Tuscany straight to your table by dishing up cannellini bean soup seasoned with thyme and rosemary. Add a few parmesan cheese shavings for extra flavor, and don’t forget the crostini for dunking. (via The Wanderlust Kitchen)
4. Indian Spiced Cauliflower + White Bean Soup: Grab your stick blender and start pureeing. This colorful blend of cannellini beans, cauliflower, turmeric and cumin looks every bit as amazing as it tastes. Add fried cauliflower, coriander leaves, coconut cream and spicy green chili slices on top to really kick things up a notch. (via The Sensitive Foodie)
5. Tuscan Sausage + White Bean Soup: Mixing sausage into vegetable-packed white bean soup is a healthier way to get your meat fix, especially if you choose chicken or turkey varieties. (via Mel’s Kitchen)
7. White Bean, Kale + Sausage Soup: Blustery winds and chilly temps are no match for this comforting cup of goodness. While parmesan cheese makes for an excellent topping, you can also swap in crumbled feta. It’ll add fabulous flavor and creaminess as the pieces melt into the soup. (via Five Heart Home)
9. Italian White Bean + Basil Soup: White beans and brown rice form the base of this hearty Italian soup. Blend in freshly chopped basil leaves and dial up the flavor even more with an oregano, thyme, rosemary, savory, fennel, sage and marjoram spice blend. (via The Vegan 8)
10. Crock Pot Minestrone Soup: Fall’s arrival means it’s time to bust out your slow cooker and start dreaming up tons of creative crock pot recipes. Get things off to a delicious start with great northern and red kidney bean minestrone. (via TasteBook)
11. Lemony Kale + White Bean Soup: When life gives you lemons, make a batch of lemon-flavored soup! Featuring chicken or vegetable stock, cannellini beans and kale, this citrusy concoction will put you in a summertime state of mind, even as temperatures drop. (via Fork Knife Swoon)
What types of bean soup recipes will you be whipping up this fall? Share some tasty ideas below.