If you’re entering your office’s Oscar pool, this is the award show to pay attention to — in the past 15 years, 11 of the Critics’ Choice Awards Best Picture winners would go on to nab the same big prize at the Academy Awards. But beyond that, this particular Critics’ Choice Awards is unique because it marks the first time that both TV and film get recognized in the same ceremony. For one, this year’s Critics’ Choice Awards red carpet is actually a blue carpet — really lettin’ loose there! It also has a bit more of an inclusive, fun feel than other awards. Don’t just take OUR word for it. Do these stars not look like they’re having a blast getting ready? See for yourself, bb.
1. Steve Zaragoza: Gotta love when our fave YouTubers hit up old Hollywood establishment parties. Case in point: YouTube comedian-turned-SourceFed host Steve Zaragoza en route to the awards, selfie-ing it up while his very elegant date drives unawares. Excellent blue steel, Steve. #Werk
2. Yael Grobglas: Low key and elegant af, the Jane the Virgin actress works the backseat awards-bound selfie look with a clearly excited half-smile. We love that she isn’t trying to play it too cool for the cam. (Photo via @yaelgrobglas)
3. Alyvia Lind: So young, so cute, so profesh! The eight-year-old actress who blew our minds as the young Dolly Parton in Dolly Parton’s Coat of Many Colors sits pretty while hairstylist Matt Fugate puts the finishing touches on her adorable braided updo — with special assistant/super-cute pooch in tow. (Photo via @mattshair)
4. Emmy Rossum: The actress, singer and songwriter showed off a gorgeous engagement ring alongside her boo’s robot cufflink en route to the awards. Fiancé Sam Esmail is the creator of Mr. Robot. Relationship #goals much? (Photo via @emmyrossum)
5. Hayden Panettiere: We see that casually tousled “I woke up like this” bob, Hayden, but we also know you had a little help (after all, this pic WAS Insta’d by your stylist). It’s all good — it is working for you. (Photo via @clydehairgod)
6. Justin Baldoni: We have a special soft spot for celebs and their babies, which is why we are LOVING this pre-awards photo of Jane the Virgin cutie Justin Baldoni and his delectable seven-month-old daughter, Maiya Grace. Wife Emily shared the sweet family moment on Instagram with the caption: “Wishing her ridiculously handsome daddy good luck for tonight!” D’awwww. (Photo via @emilybaldoni)
8. Maddi Bragg: Did we mention how much we love seeing our fave YouTubers hit the awards circuit? Here’s beauty and lifestyle vlogger Maddi Bragg getting a final spritz before hitting the blue carpet. (Photo via @hairbygilbert)
9. Carly Chaikin: The Mr. Robot actress looked cool, calm and collected on her way to the awards in a frothy nude Chloe gown, paired with a nude matte lip and “we got this” expression. (Photo via @jeffkkim)
10. The Tumblr Wall: One of our fave features of this year’s awards is undoubtedly the Tumblr wall that graced the blue carpet, decked with fan art devoted to the awards’ various nominees (like The Danish Girl, pictured above). It’s a good reminder that, when you get right down to it, awards ceremonies are tributes to creativity. (Photo via @davekarger)
What was your fave behind the scenes moment for this year’s Critic’s Choice Awards? Tweet us @BritandCo!