Tomorrow is the first day of spring (hooray!), and we’ve finally reached the end of our long winter tunnel. Luckily, all through the coldest days, your trusty smartphone was there to keep you company. To reward it, you should probably download some new apps. We’re back with the best apps of the week! This time we have one of the best encrypted email apps ever, and an app that will make you close Facebook and get around to binging everything leaving Netflix in March. Let’s get to it.
1. Bookling: Do you miss the days when you read more books than you read your Facebook NewsFeed? Bookling is the app that wants to help you get back into the habit of reading. You can set reminders to pick up the book you’re in the middle of, track your progress and even win badges for reading achievements. Hey, whatever it takes to give yourself a break from that screen time.
DL It: $0.99 on iOS
2. ProtonMail: ProtonMail is the world’s largest email encryption service, and it’s now available on both Android and iOS so you can send and read your emails securely wherever you go. Founded by CERN scientists in 2013, this app is the gold standard when it comes to protecting your privacy via online correspondence. You can even customize swiping gestures in the app to make it fully personalized for you.
3. To Round: Here’s the most interesting to-do list format, well, ever. Instead of having a boring numbered sheet, To Round lets you turn your tasks into digital balls and watch them “disappear” down the slot as you accomplish them. Pretty cool way to visualize all the stuff you need done. You can even adjust the ball size and postpone tasks as needed.
4. Splash: You can easily capture 360 videos using just your iPhone with Splash. The app is even VR-enabled, so you and your friends can revisit your Splash videos as though you’re there. You can share, like and view Splashes from people all around the world as well. It’s second only to being there in person!
DL It: Free on iOS
5. Letterboxd: Here’s the social media app for film buffs we’ve all been waiting for. You can mark you fave flicks, review movies and even check out what your friends are watching/reviewing. You can also create a watchlist for movies that you want to see later on, and follow your friends and fave reviewers on the app.
DL It: Free on iOS
What was your favorite app of the week? Tweet us @BritandCo!