Ah, yes. It’s finally Saturday. Welcome to best apps of the week time! This week your GIF prayers have been answered with GIPHY, the one-stop-site for all things animated pic related, releasing their new GIF keyboard for the iPhone. There’s also an alarm clock that is voiced by none other than Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson and a gender neutral period tracker by Planned Parenthood. Lots of good stuff, so check it out!
1. GIPHY Keys: You hear that? It’s millions of iPhone users screaming, “YAAAAAS!” We’ve all been waiting for the day we could send GIFs in iMessage, and that day is finally here. GIPHY Keys is a free iOS keyboard you download (enable by going into Settings > General > Keyboard > Keyboards and tapping on “Add New Keyboard”) and gives you access to the whole GIPHY library so you can communicate with your pals in a brilliant new way.
DL It: Free for iOS
2. Spot On: Planned Parenthood’s new period tracking app might just be the most user-friendly (and emoji-friendly) period tracking app we’ve ever laid eyes on. You can enable discreet birth control reminders, track your mood, travel, symptoms and so much more.
DL It: Free on iOS
3. Anchor: If Google maps, Instagram and Snapchat had a baby, it’d be Anchor. Anchor allows you to record 10-second long looping videos which you can then “anchor” to a geographical location. As people pass through the area, they’ll be able to see the vids you left behind. You can also tag your pals. Consider it the new digital way to send a “wish you were here” postcard.
DL It: Free on iOS
4. The Rock Clock: If you’ve ever wanted to wake up to the sound of The Rock bashing on a harp, your dream has come true. The Rock Clock is Dwayne Johnson’s official motivational alarm clock — and we gotta say, the actor has quite a sense of humor. Not only do you get access to exclusive daily messages directly from the celeb, you can even sync your alarms to The Rock’s personal alarms. Oh yeah, and there’s no snooze button because he’s “not a fan of that button.”
5. Little Nugget: Little Nugget might be the prettiest way to make a digital scrap book to document your pregnancy and baby’s milestones. Decorate your images with stickers and frames and share them with friends and family. You can also save your pics to a private feed so you’ll always hang on to those precious memories.
DL It: $1.99 on iOS
What was your favorite app of the week? Tweet us @BritandCo!