As a beauty editor, it’s rare that I am totally bare-faced. I feel more comfortable and confident with a bit of makeup on, TBH, which is why BB cream is my BFF. I turn to the stuff when I want no-fuss, quick coverage for my weekend makeup, and I use it as a base before foundation. BB cream is a super versatile beauty product that I’m constantly turning to. Here are five of my all-time favorite BB creams — give ‘em a try!
1. Garnier BB Cream Skin Renew Miracle Skin Perfector ($13): Out of the hundreds and hundreds of products I’ve tried, this drugstore BB cream is still my #1. I love this product because it delivers medium coverage while still feeling lightweight. I’ve applied it with everything from my fingers to a makeup sponge to a foundation brush, and it’s versatile enough to work well with each of those methods. Seriously, if you’re going to try one BB cream, it should be this one.
2. Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 ($44): Lots of people consider this BB cream to be their holy grail product — it’s constantly being touted as a one-stop shop for a seriously flawless complexion. If you have oily skin, this might be your best BB cream bet: It actively works to control oil all day long while giving a light veil of sheer coverage. Did I mention it’s even recommended for sensitive skin?
3. NYX Cosmetics BB Cream ($13): Another drugstore superstar, this affordable BB cream gives your skin a glowy finish that’s never shiny. It serves up light-to-medium coverage that blurs any breakouts and evens out your skin tone while perfectly priming it for any makeup you layer on top (even though your skin will look flawless as-is!).
4. BareMinerals COMPLEXION RESCUE Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream ($29): Props to BareMinerals for loading this product up with SPF 30! I’m dubbing this stuff a BB cream because it gives sheer coverage and has several good-for-your-skin benefits too. Marine botanicals, olive-derived squalene and “water-encapsulations” make this stuff way more than just a tinted moisturizer. Smooth it on your skin and your face will be happily hydrated and more even-toned and -textured.
5. Lancôme Bienfait Teinté Beauty Balm Sunscreen Broad Spectrum SPF 30 ($47): Dubbed “the ultimate multitasker,” this souped-up BB cream promises to stay put for 24 hours (yasss). Vitamin E keeps your skin soft, while a sheer wash of coverage evens out your tone. Beyond that, it’ll keep you hydrated for 24 hours, making this BB cream a great pick for those of us with dry skin.
Follow us on Pinterest for more beauty inspo and info.
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.