The season for dry lips is officially here. And while we might have plenty of chapsticks at our disposal to keep this ailment at bay, sometimes we need to bring out the special forces. These are the times that we turn to lip masks, the ultra-hydrating skincare step we cannot do without in the winter. Wear ’em at night and wake up with a velvety pout in the morning or keep them in your bag for a moisturizing boost for the trek from the train to the office. However you use ’em, these 10 lip masks are the key to making chapped lips a thing of the past.
1. Clinique All About Lips ($24): This treatment promises both long- and short-term results for improving the hydration and well-being of chapped lips. The formula helps to leave the lip area smoother, softer and firmer — sign us up!
2. Cherry Lip Gel Patch ($3): Okay, so our immediate reaction to this gel patch was WTF? Yes, this lip mask will probably look very strange while you wear it, but with beneficial ingredients that remove dead skin cells, we’re up for the challenge.
3. Charlotte Tilbury Lip Magic Rejuvenating Smoothing Propolis Balm ($35): Charlotte Tilbury names this balm “youth-boosting magic for lips,” and the impressive list of ingredients has us believing her. The balm can be used sparingly throughout the day or really slathered on at night for a serious boost of hydration.
5. Mary Kay Satin Lips Lip Mask ($10): Exfoliate dead skin cells while simultaneously moisturizing your lips with this budget-friendly mask, courtesy of Mary Kay.
6. Bite Beauty Agave Lip Mask ($26): This super-hydrating lip mask from Bite Beauty was so popular that the brand actually recently added tinted versions. The original formula is a long-lasting clear balm that will cure any dry lip without the usual unpleasant stickiness.
7. Aritaum Ginger Sugar Overnight Lip Mask ($10): Ginger + sugar are the two key components of this overnight lip mask, a product that moisturizes dry lips while you sleep, so you can wake up to a smoother pout.
8. Kahina Giving Beauty Lip and Face Balm ($44): This restorative balm is a savior for skin in need of a little TLC. Not only is it a problem-solver for chapped lips in need, the healing balm can also be used for helping with other dehydrated areas around your face.
9. Kiko Intensive Lip Mask ($12): Now, this number might just require a #selfie while wearing. Packed with intensive healing ingredients, this would be a fun one for you and your friends to wear on a goofy night in.
10. Osmia Organics Honey-Myrrh Lip Repair ($22): Dry, cracked lips have met their match with this honey-infused repair balm. The ultra-moisturizing formula is so intense, it can even be used for other areas that have a little dryness, like the spots around your nose. It’s definitely an all-around winter must-have.
Are you using a lip mask this winter? Let us know your favorites in the comments below!