You may think of yourself as a shellfish enthusiast, but unless you’re cooking mussels on a regular basis, you’re missing out. Sure, you’ve got more shrimp recipes than you can throw a book at, and you’ve mastered the art of healthy salmon dinners, but farmed mussels are a cheaper, more sustainable option. Unlike other farmed seafood, they have a minimal environmental impact, according to the Monterey Bay Aquarium Seafood Watch. Cook up one of these 15 mussels recipes today, and you’ll discover just how delicious sustainable eating can be.
3. Steamed Potato Nests With Mussels: Try this unique recipe the next time you have a hankering for seafood. Fluffy steamed potatoes are filled with mussels, then drizzled with a sweet, salty, and savory sauce. (via Mrs Mastercheffa)
4. Simple Steamed Mussels: When it comes to steaming your seafood, it’s all about the flavor of the broth. This one is rich with fennel, anchovy paste, tomatoes, and more — you’ll want to serve the whole thing over pasta to soak up every last drop. (via Bakers Royale)
5. Mussels in Spicy Beer Broth: Spicy Spanish chorizo gives this pan of mussels a kick. They’re cooked in a buttery beer broth with the sausage and some other aromatics that will make your kitchen smell like heaven. (via Basil and Oregano)
6. Mussels With Blue Cheese and Leeks: White wine goes into the sauce of this meal, but you’ll want a chilled glass to drink alongside it too. Blue cheese and leeks add a hefty punch of flavor to this creamy dish, and the wine helps cut through the richness. (via Karmelowy)
7. Seafood Pasta al Cartoccio: Al cartoccio, the Italian cooking method that refers to making food inside parchment paper, works particularly well with seafood and pasta, which cook up quickly, before the parchment can burn. (via Ang Sarap)
9. Mussels in Dijon and White Wine: Mussels have a sweet, briny flavor that’s complemented by bolder ingredients. Dijon and white wine make for a punchy, tangy sauce that’s the perfect pairing with this seafood. (via Hunger Thirst Play)
10. Spicy Mussels With Coconut Milk: Sometimes you need something creamy to tame the heat. In this mussel dish, coconut milk tempers the fire of chilies, creating a delectable, balanced sauce that’s flavored with cilantro, turmeric, ginger, and more. (via Serving Dumplings)
11. Mussels With Fennel Thai Chili Broth: France and Thailand both have famous mussel dishes, and this one combines them into a fusion meal you won’t soon forget. You may not think that pairing fennel and Thai chili paste, or pancetta and lime juice, makes sense, but one bite of this dish and you’ll change your mind. (via The Charming Detroiter)
12. Black Pepper Mussels: Sometimes the best dinners are made with ingredients you already have on hand. Black pepper is the star of this dish, accented by just a bit of sweet red pepper and fresh parsley to round out the heat. (via Cardamomo & Co)
13. Mussels Casino: Introduce mussel virgins to a new shellfish by dressing them up in a classic combination of breadcrumbs, bacon, and Parmesan — everything tastes great with those ingredients in the mix. (via Vodka & Biscuits)
14. Mussels in Ginger Soup: Next time you’re sick, skip the chicken soup and try this instead. It’s flavored with a robust blend of ginger, garlic, and chili leaves, which will clear your sinuses right up. (via The Peach Kitchen)
If you’re craving delicious seafood recipes, follow us on Pinterest for more.