Raise your hand if you too scroll through your Instagram feed first thing in the AM — eyes half open and all. We’re assuming that’s everyone, right? Instagram is straight up our mini-vacation, transporting us to some of the most stunning places and brunches on earth. We constantly catch ourselves perusing through swoon-worthy snaps while at the office, daydreaming about taking a break to sip on a margarita poolside. Hey, #its5oclocksomewhere.
And some of our favorite feeds to follow, you ask? They hail from sunny SoCal. These beach-frolicking, coffee-bar-hopping locals make us want to hop in a convertible and head straight down the PCH for a little fun in the sun. Ready for that LA vacay you’ve been meaning to take? Sit back, relax and get to scrollin’…
1. @karenkimmel: It’s no shocker that this colorful feed belongs to a design and consulting studio that works with the likes of Target and One Kings Lane. You can expect an eyefull of rainbow-inspired art and decor that will wake up the art lover in you.
3. @julieskitchen: This isn’t Julie’s first rodeo. This foodie’s masterful farmers market goodies have been featured all over the web, everywhere from DailyCandy to Vogue. Oh, and did we mention she’s #iPhoneonly?
4. @studiodiy: If you’re not already following Kelly Lanza’s technicolor feed, we have to ask: What are you doing with your life? Two words: emoji balloons.
5. @almondsurfboards: This list wouldn’t be complete without a surf shot. Luckily, this feed is chock full of them. Get a glimpse of surfers riding gnarly waves and the prettiest boards you ever did see. Surf’s up, dude.
6. @kimgenevieve: Kim Genevieve’s hue-happy shots are what Cali dreams are made of. The shutterbug and her partner-in-crime take on the streets and beaches of LA shooting campaigns for top dogs like Gap, Fossil and L’Oreal Paris.
7. @howyouglow: One scroll through this feed will kick-start your butt into healthy living mode. These girls make working out look fun, which is no easy feat. And their foodie shots are some of the best we’ve seen, like, ever.
8. @megan.kao: From the sweetest cafes to local institutions like LACMA, this Instagram features everything LA has to offer and then some. If you’re visiting for the weekend, take a peek. We promise you’ll find enough curiosities to fill your time.
9. @sirenfloralco: Upcoming nuptials or just have weddings on the brain? Get ready for some serious flower power.
10. @jeffmindell: As @studiodiy‘s other half, it’s no shocker that Jeff’s feed is brimming with vibrant snaps. Shots of his leading lady and the occasional palm tree make this one of our favorites to heart.
11. @alfredcoffee: With neighbors like Isabel Marant and The Row, you know this Melrose Place boutique coffee shop means business. Not only can you spot celebs sipping on their iced coffees, but fashionistas guest-gram often. Oh, and they pretty much coined the saying, “But first, coffee.”
12. @lalovetta: Trips to the flea market, charming shops and picturesque mountains leave us double-tapping Eileen Lee’s photos daily.
14. @maxwanger: Dreamy shots in the Hollywood Hills, collabs with Design Love Fest and one seriously cute kid make this photographer’s feed a must-follow.
15. @freutcake: Dessert aficionados, this is one account you need to follow. Leah Bergman spills her favorite recipes and go-to macaroon pit stops around the city.
16. @alex_the_andre: You can expect to see some awe-inspiring style and behind-the-scenes snaps from Who What Wear’s social media director.
17. @jayadores: When Jaymee isn’t capturing happy couples on their wedding day through her cinematography company Ellay Films, you can catch her refueling at LA’s most beloved food joints, like the famous Neptune’s Net.
18. @thechalkboardmag: Catch up on the latest and greatest in the beauty and wellness worlds with a swipe of your finger. If the delicious fresh juice shot is what’s keeping you tuned in, visit their sister company’s feed, @pressedjuicery.
19. @joannepio: Searching for the best brunch spot or under-the-radar coffee haunt? Look no further than Joanne’s scrumptious feed. She’s single-handedly made hanging out in DTLA cool again.
20. @bonpuf: Your inner kid will thank you for following Cloë Lane’s precious feed. See LA through the rose-colored lenses of this all-natural cotton candy connoisseur.
21. @designlovefest: Did you really think we would leave Design Love Fest off our list? Frequent gal-pal getaways, chic lunch dates and magical shoots make her as one of our all-time favorite Instagrams to follow.
Did we leave any snap-happy Instagrammers off our list? Spill which feed is getting major double-tapping action from you in the comments below. And don’t forget to follow Brit + Co, too!