Ankle-baring weather, you’ve been summoned. It’s time to ditch the burdensome teddy bear toppers and start rounding out your spring capsule wardrobe with new workhorses. Beyond embracing groundbreaking floral (been there, done that), there’s no better place to start than with your must-have accessories for spring. A surefire way to add zhoosh to your go-to top-handle satchel or flea market tote? It’s all about personalization, baby. Think: bag swag in the form of a fuzzy key chain or a cool girl-approved interchangeable strap that’s practically made for your morning commute. Keep on scrolling for 10 creative ways to take your spring carryall to the next-level.
1. Zara Furry Pompom ($16): It’s alive! Well, not really, but we like to think this furry blush-hued pom-pom charm has a mind of its own. Fasten it to your It bag of the moment for a statement that packs double (or rather triple) the punch. Make ‘em stop and stare, we say!
2. Madewell Embroidered Sticker Patch Set ($15): Rad girls, unite! We’ve got the quintessential set of embroidered patches (we spy a sprinkle-coated donut!) for you. Let’s just put it this way: Your denim tote is about to look borderline fierce (with a capital F).
3. Brit x Target Gold Foil Tote Kit ($25): Use this Brit x Target DIY gold foil kit to transform a canvas tote like that. Let your imagination run wild by using the chip brush and alphabet stencils to create your very own painterly design.
4. Kate Spade Mix it Up Fringe Strap ($128): Haven’t you heard? Party tassels are the new NEW. Perfect timing too — with festival season right around the corner, you won’t run out of ways to style this fringe-tastic rainbow woven strap. Mix it up with a versatile camera bag for the daytime or use it to spice up your everyday city bag come cocktail hour.
5. J.Crew Bandana in Liberty Edenham Floral ($23): When in doubt, ask yourself, “What would Garance Doré do?” Easy. For a Parisian-chic touch, simply knot this Liberty floral print bandana around the strap of a ladylike satchel or Nantucket-bound straw tote. Compliments may follow.
6. Anya Hindmarch Wink Sticker ($65): Major street-style bait? Right this way. Join the current sticker craze (but don’t go too crazy, now) with this emoji-inspired leather adhesive that can be used to personalize a pint-sized crossbody bag or a designer backpack. You’ll easily be spotted a mile away without fail. *Wink.*
7. Draper James Watermelon Change Purse ($58): Forget spring — we’re already gearing up for Memorial Day weekend with this watermelon change purse that’s equal parts playful and functional. A straw tote and gingham shirt dress may or may not be in order for a picnic in the park.
8. Big Bud Press Ladies Heart Pin ($15): As if you needed a reminder that girls support girls, we’ve got the *perfect* accoutrement for you. Secure this heart-shaped “ladies” pin to a leather tote (or even your fave feminist sweatshirt) for an upcoming women’s rights march.
9. Lightning Bolt Keychain ($5): Bring on the bling with this bold bolt keychain that reads street-style starlet in the making. Attach it to a hot pink clutch or wristlet for an after hours-approved getup with MAJOR diva appeal.
10. Rebecca Minkoff Floral Appliqué Leather Guitar Bag Strap ($95): Coachella by day, rock concert by night: This versatile guitar bag strap featuring floral appliqués will lend just the right amount of tough-girl ‘tude to a vintage leather saddle bag or a hands-free crossbody sac. Pair alongside a fringed knit poncho and denim cutoffs for maximum impact.
How will you be personalizing your spring bag? Follow us on Pinterest for more upcoming style inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.