Queen Bey just revealed two emerald-bedazzled fingers to her 81 million Instagram followers (FYI, that’s about the population of the entire country of Germany), so it *might* be time to consider this striking hue as one to watch.
It’s not the first time Beyonce has shown a liking for the green stone. We also can’t forget the time our girl STUNNED wearing those 80 carat Lorraine Schwartz earrings when she sang the National Anthem at President Obama’s inauguration in 2013.
While Beyonce’s taste in jewelry is often well above most of our pay grades, there are plenty of other ways to get your emerald on at a fraction of the price.
1. Forever 21 Button Front Skirt ($15): While this is the perfect flirty skirt for late summer, it also transitions nicely for fall with a pair of your favorite colored tights and boots.
2. BHLDN Jackie Jumpsuit ($240): The ‘70s is still going strong as a trend, and this green jumpsuit is a fun way to do a twist on a disco-era outfit. Add a chain belt as a nod to those Studio 54 days.
3. Nakimol Bari Earrings ($48): Not every trend has to be carried out so dramatically — these subtly elegant earrings make a statement without overpowering your look.
4. Kohl and Kaftans Sunglasses ($210): Green sunglasses might never have been on your radar — until now. These totally retro, whimsical sunnies are perfect for shading your eyes and keeping you stylish.
5. DVF Les Crossbody Bag ($298): An investment bag doesn’t have to be boring beige. This green faux snakeskin bag from DVF is a great pop of color to any neutral outfit, or can hold its own with a jewel-toned getup.
6. Lands End Luxe Leather Gloves ($69): Hate to break it to you, but winter is coming (See what we did there? ;). These pretty emerald gloves will keep your digits warm when the weather turns cold — plus, they’re so old Hollywood glam!
7. Richmond and Finch Satin iPhone Cover ($46): This iPhone cover is just sophisticated AF! When you whip it out, everyone will know you mean business… and that you have great taste.
8. Milly Dolman Sleeve Blouse ($225): If you need weekday workwear pick-me-up, a jewel-toned blouse like this one might be just the thing. It can be worn with a pencil skirt or with a pair of chic slacks — either way, your Monday meeting just got more interesting.
Instagram us your emerald green outfits @BritandCo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.
(Photo via Neilson Barnard/Getty + John Moore/Getty)