Let’s talk veils. Some ladies want a large, classic version that keeps their face a mystery as they strut down the aisle, while others opt for no veil at all. If you’re falling somewhere in between, a birdcage veil could be the perfect solution. This charming headpiece is noticeable, but keeps that beaming smile of yours visible for all to see. But don’t take our word for it — have a look at these 18 beautiful birdcage veils that vary from barely there to can’t help but stare.
1. Old Hollywood: Glamour is at the forefront of this classic bridal piece. Things don’t end so well for Daisy Buchanan and Jay Gatsby, but if they ever did have a wedding, we think she’d be rocking something like this. (via Bridal Musings)
2. Bow Tie Beauty: Bows are not just for school girls anymore. This bride evokes an Audrey Hepburn Funny Face kind of vibe with her charming tea-length dress and vintage-inspired veil. (via Love My Dress)
4. Bridal Layered Birdcage Veil ($100): This veil comes in peach for a colored option that’s not quite so vivid. The layered style makes for a dramatic look without overtaking your entire face.
6. Bow Blusher Veil ($125): Take the bow to the next level by placing it atop a teeny tiny fascinator. Keep things classic in ivory or choose from a whole range of available colors.
10. Maya Birdcage Veil ($440): Dip your day in luxury by dawning this veil that’s made with French lace and tiny Preciosa crystals.
12. Mauve Madame: Here’s a cool option if you want to add some color but don’t want things to get too wild. This mauve veil is beautiful on its own, but add in a crown of delicate feathers and you’ve got a real winner. (via Weddbook)
13. Bandeau Beaded Lace Veil ($195): For a sleek bridal look, try out this slim side-swept piece with an intricately beaded lace applique. Pair this with a ’20s-inspired dress for a jaw-dropping ensemble.
14. Feather Headband Birdcage Veil ($125): Worried about the hassle of keeping a veil pinned in place? Make your day stress-free by opting for this lace applique headpiece that’s actually a headband!
Did you wear a birdcage veil to you wedding? Share a picture of your pick with us on Twitter. We’d love to see!