Super Bowl Sunday is one of our favorite times to pig out on everything from guacamole to queso. But it’s not alllllll about the chips and dip. These 19 bite-size appetizers know how to bring the flavor in a BIG way. Even if your team didn’t make it to the big game this year, we know you’ll have a blast at the party if you invite a few of these mini morsels along.
3. Chili Garlic Meatballs: It’s no secret that we love any yummy bite served on a stick — especially meat. Baking these made-from-scratch meatballs makes them especially easy to whip up. (via Melanie Makes)
4. Pizza Bites: Pizza meets hand pies in these pepperoni, cheese and sauce-stuffed bites. Using store-bought crust makes them a breeze to assemble so you’ll have more time for socializing and watching commercials. (via Baked by Joanna)
5. Pimento Cheese and Prosciutto Appetizer: Ham and cheese have never tasted better. Use your favorite drop biscuit recipe to customize these to your liking, and perhaps even sneak in a little extra cheese action. (via POPSUGAR)
7. Maple Miso Pork Skewers: These sweet and savory skewers are a perfect excuse to light up the BBQ, no matter how cold it is outside. Luckily, they cook up quickly, so you won’t have to brave the elements for too long. (via Food Well Said)
8. Pretzel Bites With Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce: Homemade soft pretzels are WAY better than any you can find in the freezer section. The honey mustard sauce offered alongside is a nice touch, but might not even be necessary. (via Yummy Healthy Easy)
9. Cheesesteak Crescent Roll Cups: Philly may not have made it into the Super Bowl this year, but that doesn’t mean their signature cheesesteaks (in miniaturized form) shouldn’t be invited to your party. (via This Gal Cooks)
14. Baked Buttermilk Beer Popcorn Chicken: A combo of beer and buttermilk make these chicken nuggets delightfully tender and tasty, while a panko coating gets them nice and crispy without a dip in the fryer. (via The Beeroness)
15. Little Potato Stacks: Adorable potato stacks might be on the milder side of the appetizer spectrum, but that shouldn’t dissuade you. They’re the perfect complement to kickier fare, like chicken wings and jalapeño poppers. (via Food Well Said)
16. Asian Dumplings With Hoisin Dipping Sauce (Vegetarian): With all the fab ingredients stuffed inside each wrapper — not to mention the sweet and spicy dipping sauce — you may not even notice that these dumplings are meatless. (via Cooking for Keeps)
What appetizers, both big and small, do you look forward to most on Super Bowl Sunday? Share your picks with us below!