We learned two juicy bits of information from Blake Lively and Martha Stewart when the two lifestyle experts sat down to chat at Martha’s American Made Summit in New York City this past Saturday. First, that Martha (like everyone else in the world) has been crushing on Blake’s husband Ryan Reynolds since she first laid eyes on him. “When we met Martha, Martha goes, ‘I know how to ride motorcycles. I will ride with you Ryan!,'” Blake revealed. “Martha is the only woman that can creep up on my man!” After the crowd LOL-ed and the Q+As got underway, we learned our second piece of too-good-to-not-share gossip: that Blake’s next DIY conquest (after decorating cupcakes) might be fashion design. “I would love to when I find 28 hours in my day,” Blake joked about launching her own line of clothes, “But I’m hoping to do some exclusive things in the future.” We’re hoping that talks are already underway about adding a Blake-made category in the Preserve shop. But until then, join *us* in designing our five dream pieces we want to see in Blake Lively’s future (+ bump-friendly!) clothing line.
1. Mis-Matched Sets: The one thing that had everyone talking in Blake’s pregnancy announcement photo (besides her bump) was the way the new mom-to-be can mix prints with the best of them (watch out, Olivia). It’s not easy to do *right*, but we’re hoping that Blake would make it easy for us by including a handful of printed separates in her line that allll could look as effortlessly elegant when tossed together as this. (Image via Vogue + Eric Lively)
2. A Statement Coat: We’ve come to think of Blake as the queen of turning heads in a coat, especially after not one, but TWO of her recent fall outfits featured snuggly stunners you can shop on her site. Get Blake’s head-to-toe look by choosing coats with graphic patterns and bright colors —-> check out some we’ve already got our eye on here. (Image via E! Online)
3. Wear-Everywhere White: Whether she’s on the red carpet or stomping around the streets, the hue we love most on her from head to toe is, surprisingly, white. Blake wow-ed us again at Martha’s American Made Summit (real talk: so did Martha) in an all-white outfit that felt fun and feminine even sans color — and that’s just what our closets are missing. (Image via E! Online)
4. Hair Accessories: Blake’s got one of the most enviable manes in Hollywood, and its even more covetable when tricked out with an eye-catching hair accessory. At the top of our wishlist: A line of hair pins, headbands and pony bling that each go with a specific Blake-approved DIY hairstyle, from bombshell waves to boho fishtail braids to a slick side sweep. (Image via Style Noted)
5. Blair Waldorf Throwback: Truth: almost every element of this Serena uniform is back in style: from pleated skirts to over-the-knee boots to long vests. Show of hands for who wants Blake to re-imagine her Gossip Girls’ style for today? (Image via Glamour UK)
What pieces would you like to see in your dream Blake Lively clothing line? Share your favorite thing about Blake’s style in the comments below.
(h/t E! Online)