Suddenly, between sipping PSLs and finding our perfect nail shades for fall, we looked up and it was November. What in the…?! Before you know it, we’re going to be wrestling with an unforgiving winter climate, and we all know what that means — skin that is dry AF. We’ve all had that moment when we realize that our once supple, sun-kissed skin is now a wretched mess thanks to plummeting temps. Never you fear — body butter is here. We’ve rounded up the latest and greatest formulas to work into your routine that are guaranteed to give your skin a double dose of moisture. The best part: These buzzy butters are all under $15!
1. Boots Extracts Vanilla Body Butter ($10): Struggling with uncomfortably dry skin? We’ve found your new go-to! This luxurious body butter is enriched with fragrant vanilla extract, cocoa and shea butters. The best part? This formula is light and airy, so it absorbs super fast and doesn’t leave you feeling sticky.
2. Mr. Bubble All Buttered Up Body Butter in Sparkling Sorbet ($10): On the darkest, coldest days of the year, it’s safe to say that both our skin and our senses need a little pick-me-up. A creamy combination of shea butter, jojoba and coconut oils nourish skin, while an uplifting citrus scent gets us downright cheery.
3. Tree Hut Lychee & Plum Body Butter ($8): If your skin feels drier than the Sahara, you’re not alone. Now for some good news — this mega moisturizer combines lychee and plum extracts with certified organic shea butter to pamper your mind, body and spirit.
4. Burt’s Bees Honey & Shea Body Butter ($9): This popular drugstore beauty buy is packed with skin-softening honey and nourishing sweet almond oil. Double win! This miracle product gently exfoliates to rid your skin of unwanted dry layers and prevent cracking. The result is skin that’s happily hydrated and silky smooth. Bonus points awarded, because this product works wonders on your feet, knees and elbows, which can become major problem areas during chilly months.
5. Pacifica Body Butter in Tahitian Gardenia ($15): Need a vacation? Slather this silky butter on your skin and you’re instantly transported to a Tahitian garden, filled with beautiful gardenia blooms — and for a tiny fraction of the cost of a plane ticket. This rich, anti-aging formula is super intense, so you only need a few dabs to get the job done.
6. Soap & Glory The Righteous Butter ($15): This cheeky import from across the pond is scented with the brand’s signature Original Pink Fragrance — an alluring blend of bergamot, mandarin, rose, jasmine, peach and musk. And the new moisture trap matrix helps your skin hold hydration in longer, meaning you don’t have to constantly reapply to feel its effects.
7. J.R. Watkins Coconut Milk and Honey Body Butter ($12): Give winter-ravaged skin a sumptuous treat with this ultra-nourishing body butter. It’ll leave you feeling as soft as a baby’s bottom. Seriously.
8. Botanics Indulgent Bathing Indulgently Rich Body Butter ($12): We all love a spa day, but for most of us, a weekly trip isn’t in the cards. This luscious body butter leaves skin feeling utterly pampered, without the price tag of a five-star spa.
9. Eclair Naturals Body Butter in Mango ($10): This mango butter is a tropical treat that’s formulated with sunflower and jojoba oils, shea butter and vitamin E to nourish and moisturize even the driest skin. Grab this “food for your skin” when you want to take your skincare game to the next level.
10. Village Naturals Aromatherapy Calm Body Butter ($6): Talk about a serene experience! This naturally nourishing butter is packed with essential oils of lavender and chamomile to condition skin and bring a sense of calm to your evening routine. Yes, please.
11. SheaMoisture Lavender & Wild Orchid Body Butter ($10): Made with natural and certified-organic ingredients — like lavender and orchid extract — this eco-friendly formula melts in quickly to heal damaged skin. Our advice? Apply this product post-shower when your skin is still damp and pores are open, to maximize its healing properties.
12. The Body Shop Spiced Apple Body Butter ($11): ‘Tis the season for spiced apple body butter. This mega moisturizer results in uber supple skin courtesy of an Alpine apple seed oil-infused formula. The limited-edition butter is a great gift for yourself or any of your beauty-loving besties. Stock up while you still can!
13. Raw Sugar Blood Orange + Cayenne Body Butter ($10): And the winner for the craziest ingredient combo goes to… blood orange and cayenne!? Before you shake your head, hear us out — this firming formula totally works! Antioxidant-rich cayenne pepper promotes circulation, while blood orange helps boost collagen — plus the added bonus of nourishing jojoba and grapeseed oils.
14. Petal Fresh Pure Guava Nectar Body Butter ($8): We’re gaga for this fresh guava nectar concoction. Fortified with an exotic blend of certified organic coconut and argan oils and shea butter extract, it leaves your ravaged skin #flawless. If you’ve neglected your skincare duties all season long, reach for this jar of amazingness and you’ll be set!
15. Savannah Bee Royal Jelly Body Butter in Chamomile and Myrrh ($13): Give sensitive skin the royal treatment! This calming formula combines royal jelly with soothing chamomile and myrrh. Apply at night, post shower, to unwind after a stressful (or snowy) day. Then wake up to smooth, moisturized skin that will last all day.
Want more skin-saving tips, tricks and product picks? Follow us on Pinterest!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.