Your thirties are all about celebrating who you are, and when it comes to throwing a party, you know the drill: First you pick your theme (preppy, nerdy chic, nautical…) and then you hunt for hours on Pinterest for the latest and greatest DIYs. One of our personal faves is definitely the boho-chic look. Think: feathers, succulents and flower crowns. Lots of flower crowns. If you are looking to make your 31st birthday party the most boho-chic bash ever, scroll on to get inspired by these whimsical and beautiful DIYs.
1. Pink Flowers + Gilded Vases: What’s more boho than feathers and flowers? DIY these spray painted vases and pick up a pink bouquet and feathers at the craft store to make them unique. (via Amalie Orrange Photography / Wedding Chicks)
3. Pastel Place Setting: If you’re having a dinner party, spice your place settings up a bit with pastel marbled plates and these adorable place cards. Top it off with a DIY feather arrow to take it to the next level. (via A Bubbly Life)
4. Outdoor Party Tablescape: It doesn’t get more boho than this outdoor party. Recreate the look with a wood table, tons of flowers and pillows for seating. The pillows keep things casual while the candles and florals fancy it up a little. (via Inspired by This)
5. Make Your Own Mimosa Bar: You can’t go wrong with a mimosa bar at a birthday party. Print off this sign and add mimosa fixings to create an epic setup. Now all you need to do is head to the grocery store to grab all the fixings. (via Swish Printables)
6. DIY Flower Chandelier: Nothing screams boho like tons of florals. DIY this flower chandelier and hang it above your bar or dessert table. Your guests will be so in love with it (who wouldn’t?!) that they’ll be asking for the link to the tutorial STAT. (via Honestly WTF)
7. Bright Photo Booth Backdrop: If you’ve learned anything from B+C, it’s that it’s not a party without a photo booth. Hang this tie-dye backdrop so your friends can snap the prettiest pics in town. (via Inspired by This)
8. Wild Rose Petal Sangria: Make sure your drinks are in line with your theme by incorporating this Wild Rose Petal Sangria into the menu. Hand a glass to your guests as they arrive. (via Feasting at Home)
10. DIY Flower Crown Station: If you’re throwing a boho-themed party, flower crowns are a must. Get the creative juices flowing with a DIY station at your get-together. Once your friends have theirs made, your party pics will be kicked up a serious notch. (via Brit + Co)
11. Boho Bar Cart: Already have a bar at the party? Use your extra bar carts as dessert tables. Make it extra bohemian by hanging a tassel garland above it. Your guests will be seriously impressed with your presentation skills. (via 100 Layer Cakelet)
12. Succulent Place Cards: A boho girl loves her succulents, so add a mini pot to each place setting as a little gift to your guests. Pro tip: Customize them using a paint pen so they double as place cards. (via Style Me Pretty)
In need of more DIY party inpso? Check out our Pinterest page for ideas!