You don’t like playing it safe when it comes to decorating your home, so there’s no reason you should stop short of your bedroom. Bold + colorful duvet covers are just what you need to transform your sleeping space into a modern, statement-making boudoir. Whichever pattern you choose — chevron, floral, geometric or stripes — you’ll have a space worth lounging in. And if you really want to take it up a notch, make sure you add some other statement-making pieces like a bedroom chandelier and DIY headboard. With so many vivid patterns to choose from, you won’t have a problem deciding on one that will upgrade your bedroom decor from #basic to brilliant.
1. Holli Zollinger Namais Duvet Cover ($129+): Most compatible with boho types, this bold, patterned duvet is bursting with creative energy. Pair it with some macrame wall hangings and a few tropical plants for a beautiful boho bedroom you won’t want to leave.
2. Anthropologie Aprile Duvet ($178+): Get ready to descend into the tropics with this duvet’s vibrant floral + frond print. The gorgeous duvet, which was made carefully cutting and placing hundreds of Majorca-inspired fronds of paper just so, is the thing your bedroom retreat needs.
3. Holly Sharpe Summer Dreaming Duvet Cover ($139+): It’s time to trade in your basic comforter for one that challenges traditional looks. This watercolor-meets-chevron cover will make a statement but still keep you comfy and cozy. Plus, its lightweight woven polyester material will keep you nice and cool during the warmer months.
4. Pattern State Marker Sun Duvet Cover Set ($169+): You won’t have to ever worry about having a boring bedroom once you get ahold of this spectacular duvet. With bold patterns reminiscent of tribal print, this colorful cover set will transform any space into a refreshingly modern one.
5. BAGGU & UO Cutout Duvet Cover ($89+): Abstract shapes *and* a rich blueish-purple hue? Yes, please! This fun pattern is also lead-free and ethically made, so you can sleep better at night.
6. Garima Dhawan Rain 6 Duvet Cover ($139+): Raindrops, flower petals or seeds? Whatever these colorful droplet-shaped designs look like to you, they’re sure to make an excellent addition to your bedroom decor. It’ll brighten up your space and turn your bed into the stylish focal point it was always meant to be.
7. Bed Bath & Beyond Odessa Duvet Cover and Sham Set ($50+): Made of 100% cotton, this super cozy duvet cover and sham set guarantees every night will be a comfortable one. Its print combines chevron, stripes and ikat patterns for a super on-trend duvet.
8. Rosie Brown Color My World Duvet Cover ($139+): Forget solid colors and simple patterns! This rainbow + watercolor comforter combines all of our favorite trends into one modern and bold statement-maker. It’s just the thing to up your bedroom decor.
9. Holli Zollinger Paris Duvet Cover Set ($169+): Add a little French je ne sais quoi to your bedroom with this charming duvet cover inspired by the streets of Paris. Its pink-and-coral color palette is sure to brighten up your space with a bit of feminine flair. Complete the “map” with the cover’s coordinating pillow shams.
10. Anthropologie Embroidered Acoro Duvet ($198+): You like color but aren’t ready to commit to a full-on rainbow duvet cover? The solution: This white-and-coral duvet that still makes a statement in a minimalistic sort of way. Though simple, its bright pop of coral embroidery will add warmth to your bedroom.
11. DENY Designs Cayena Blanca Blossom Pastel Duvet Cover Collection ($139+): Embark on a visual trip with this vibrantly hued, floral pattern. Its pretty whimsical-watercolors print will instantly transform your bedroom space into a garden-esque wonderland.
12. Anthropologie Gaeta Duvet ($248+): Not all modern prints have to boast a multitude of color. If you prefer muted tones, opt for this beautiful, dark gray duvet that still reveals an eye-catching pattern.
13. ModCloth Head, Shoulders, Breeze and Rose Duvet Cover Set ($120): This gorgeous garden-printed duvet will forever change your morning and bedtime routine. After one sleep, the colorful floral pattern will make you feel as if you’re waking up in/going to sleep atop a bed of (thorn-free) roses.
14. Kate Spade New York Rugby Stripe Duvet Set ($110+): Stripes won’t ever go out of style, and for good reason. They’re a classic pattern that looks like an entirely new concept simply by varying the thickness and/or the color. Spruce up your bedroom decor with this fail-proof striped duvet in picnic green. It’s the ultimate preppy-chic duvet.
15. Madison Park Kokomo Coverlet Set ($100+): You’ll love sinking into this ultra soft set made of polyester microfiber. The stylish coral pattern and negative white space add a fun pop of color while still maintaining a classy feel.
Have you already picked out a patterned duvet? Follow us on Pinterest for more home decor inspo!
Brit + Co may at times use affiliate links to promote products sold by others, but always offers genuine editorial recommendations.