You love coffee in ALL its incarnations, from a plain ol’ hot java to iced coffee to cold brew. So you’re always on the lookout for DIY coffee creamers and other delicious coffee hacks to keep things interesting, amiright? Well, the only way to get even better coffee would be if there was, say, a little booze involved — in the same way that coffee cocktails and boozy coffee desserts take the indulgence factor up a notch. Prepare to meet your new coffee obsession. Here are 12 DIY boozy coffee creamers that are guaranteed to put a jolt in your Joe.
1. Homemade Baileys Irish Cream: Making your own spiked coffee creamer is cheaper than buying store-bought, and you can tweak the flavor proportions to your own taste. All you need is a blender and a few ingredients that you probably already have on hand — easy peasy. (via As Easy As Apple Pie)
2. Vegan Homemade Baileys Irish Cream: This one’s for the vegans in the house. There’s nothing like a dollop of Baileys in your hot cup of coffee on a snowy morning, and since this one’s made with coconut milk, you’re free to indulge. (via Spa Bettie)
3. Homemade Caramel Bailey’s Irish Cream: Spiked coffee drinks aren’t just for winter anymore. Your very own homemade blends make a unique and thoughtful gift idea — at Christmas time or anytime. (via One Sweet Mess)
6. Vanilla Coffee Creamer Spiked With Bourbon: There are times when a bourbon coffee is the perfect ending to a perfect meal. Bring out the bottle of your *soon to be famous* DIY spiked creamer and you’ll be everyone’s BFF. (via Amber Wilson / Relish)
7. Homemade Chocolate Liqueur: If you love Godiva liqueur but you don’t love the price tag, you can easily DIY it. There’s nothing like a mug of boozy coffee-hot-chocolate to kick back with after a day of sledding or trudging through the snow. (via Mitzy at Home)
8. White Chocolate Peppermint Bark Liqueur: If a chilly peppermint bark candy cocktail and a mug of hot coffee had a baby, it would look like this. Bring a bottle out with the dessert tray at your next special-occasion meal, and everyone at the table will be SOOOOO impressed. (via Will Cook for Friends)
9. Homemade White Chocolate Liqueur: This liqueur is made the old-fashioned way — with pure grain alcohol — for a real boozy kick. But you can substitute whatever vodka you have on hand and it will taste just as good. (via Manu’s Menu)
10. Homemade Gingerbread Cream Liqueur: This smart winter tipple blends spice-infused rum and fresh cream in a way that is hard to resist. Break it out any time you could use a little ginger spice in your life. (via Little Sugar Snaps)
11. Vegan Coquito: Puerto Rico’s answer to holiday eggnog, coquito is sweet, thick and creamy. Drink it straight up or add a glug to your coffee for a perfect pick-me-up after a Saturday spent running errands. (via Neurotic Mommy)
12. Creamy Chai Liqueur: This sweet, milky chai-flavored version of Irish cream tastes divine. The recipe calls for not one but two kinds of liquor; one sip of your spiked mug and you’ll be in java nirvana. (via Savvy Eats)
If you LOVE boozy coffee hacks, follow us on Pinterest for more.