There’s a reason that braids are making a comeback. They’re chic, stylish and oh-so-easy to do yourself. But who said your gorgeous mane should have all the fun? Bring braids into your home and wardrobe with these 21 DIYs that use the cross-over-and-again technique to create nothing less than enviable accessories.
1. Braided Headband from Upcycled Sweater: A sweet and cozy headband made out of a much loved sweater will not only help keep you warm, but will also make you look like an Apres-stye beauty. (via Lana Red Studio)
2. DIY Friendship Gladiator Sandals: Personalize your sandals with this fun friendship bracelet-style tutorial. “Pop of color” doesn’t even begin to describe these newly braided steppers. (via Dream a Little Bigger)
3. DIY Wrap T-Shirt Bracelet: Adding wooden beads to a braided bracelet adds extra texture — not to mention a total wow-factor — while the t-shirt material keeps it soft to the touch. (via Hello Natural)
4. Chunky Braided Necklace: This necklace uses t-shirt yarn (yep, you read that right!), brass rings and a delicate chain to achieve a minimalist, chic look. Use it to dress up everything from your go-to chambray button-up to a cute cocktail dress. (via Brit + Co)
5. Removable Hat Band DIY: If your wide-brimmed hat is just missing… something, then this might be the embellishment you’re looking for. It’s an easy-as-pie braided band that can be removed to give your entire topper collection love when the time is right. (via Free People)
7. T-shirt Friendship Bracelet: Take your friendship bracelet skills to the next level by leaving the yarn behind. This braided jersey makes it more of a cuff, so it’ll be an edgy addition to you + your bestie’s collections. (via Brit + Co)
9. T-Shirt Hack: Breathe new life into a old t-shirt with this easier-than-it-looks makeover. By adding a few braided straps to the back, your tee undergoes the beach-ready makeover of its life. (via Brit + Co)
10. DIY Project: Sculptural Braided Extension Cord: Make an annoying extension cord the center of attention by turning it into a huge colorful braid. Seriously, who wouldn’t want a cord gracing their floor looking like this? (via Design Sponge)
11. DIY Chunky Braid Necklace: This funky necklace is made with chains and lace in the it-colors of the season: dusty pink and blue. The range of textures makes it a true standout piece. (via Brit + Co)
15. Make Your Own Braided Rug: Nothing turns a house into a home like a cozy rug to rest your feet on. What better way to make it even more personal than with this handmade number you can make with scrap pieces of fabric and leftover linens. (via A Beautiful Mess)
17. DIY Ring + Tassel Necklace: Believe it: all you need to make this gorgeous necklace is embroidery floss, rope and rings. People will ask where you bought it, and you will feel awesome about it. (via Fall For DIY)
What DIY are you most excited to try first? Let us know in the comments.