Sure, the bride may be calling the shots when it comes to the wedding itself, but as her bestie, it’s up to you to throw a shower that’s nothing short of amazing. Perhaps you’re envisioning a Parisian-themed fete featuring colorful macarons displayed on a beautiful dessert table? Or even a wondrous, whimsical Mad Hatter’s tea party? Whether you decide to go modern, vintage, offbeat or otherwise, let these 16 themes inspire ideas that are fun and imaginative, not cliché or cheesy.
2. Vibrant Fiesta: When it’s tasty treats plus an explosion of color you’re after, this stunning fiesta – perfect for a bridal shower, baby shower or practically any other type of party you can imagine – definitely takes the cake. Have fun DIYing your own paper flowers, and consider adding a piñata as décor or for a little game-time fun. (via Hostess with the Mostess)
4. Heartfelt Romance: Whether she’s getting married on or around Valentine’s Day, or you just feel like infusing her shower with a few extra special touches of romance, an original ombre cake and adorable set of stirrers are sure to melt hearts. (via United With Love)
5. Strawberry Fields: It just doesn’t get much sweeter than a strawberry-themed garden party. Visit the link for tips on how to pair this incredible cake with strawberry mojitos and create the ultimate summer soiree. (via Wedding Chicks)
6. Cookie Decorating Party: Tasty treats are a definite must at any shower and allowing guests to decorate their own adds an extra delicious helping of fun. This idea focuses specifically on cookies, but cupcakes can also work just as well. (via Ruffled)
7. Mug Decorating Mixer: Of course, cookies aren’t the only thing worth beautifying, as seen at this cozy mug decorating party that features a menu of cider and donuts, plus a lesson on how to DIY some truly gorgeous centerpieces. Visit the link for tips on creating your own personalized mug. (via Lauren Wells Events)
11. Parisian Flair: When you can’t travel to the City of Love, bring the best of Paris to your best friend! This shower features unique ideas galore, including macaron escort cards and a parasol-adorned ceiling. (via Every Last Detail)
12: Page Turner: Got a book-loving bride in your life? Visit the link for advice on designing tons of one-of-a-kind décor elements, from hanging-book origami to rolled-paper initials. (via Offbeat Bride)
What’s the most unique bridal shower you’ve ever been to? Share your thoughts in the comments below!